To Build A Home~ Part One

A/N: soooo this is the second to last chapter, guys... As in, this chapter and one more.... Is anyone as sad as I am?!?:/:/ but, I'm also kinda happy cuz I think I may have made a new friend, the lovely sxnflowerwriter , and she might disagree with me, but I really don't care... I'm just happy cuz I never thought my little fanfiction baby would do so well and be so popular.... Anyway, that's enough from me for now... Now well hear from Jasper, to start this chap off right....;);)

~Jasper POV~

It had been a week since my Alice had seen the Cullen's in a vision, and she couldn't be any happier, I was sure. Even at my suggestion that we leave right away, she always replied that the timing wasn't right. Confident in her abilities and not very worried, I asked her if she knew when. I did have my construction business to look after, after all....

She wasn't sure when, only that it was soon, in the next month or so. Knowing that, I went ahead and put "going out of business," "huge sale," and "everything must go" signs in the store windows and outside the lot. When we left, I didn't want any of it going with us; there was no need and no room for any of it, so I might as well sell it. We'd have more cash that way, anyway....

In the week that I'd put up the signs, various people had come in to ask about the merchandise and the pricing. Telling them what they needed to know, I waited for even an inkling of interest before telling them that I had to close up shop and move town.

After the initial questions, I explained that there would be a sale over the course of Friday's business hours, Saturday and Sunday all day, to which most of them said they'd attend. With the numbers of interest I was getting, things were looking good.

I fully expected quite a bit of interest and customers at the sale, knowing how fast word gets around, even in New York. I had made quite the reputation for my self, covering anything and every thing from selling and buying to odd jobs and construction work. Needless to say, I was a jack of all trades, a fact that my Alice was always keen to tell me.

Which reminds me about my Alice.... She'd asked for a week off, which she spent at home packing our things that she knew we wouldn't need anytime soon. It wasn't long until I began to see a difference in our home.

The pictures we'd so carefully and lovingly hung on the wall were packed in boxes with tons of newspaper. Over the course of the time we'd been together, we'd gathered quite a quite a few, both pictures and instruments.

We always hung our wedding pictures in the center, surrounded by all the others- our safari in Africa that seemed like a lifetime ago, the day we got our house here in New York and Alice's car, a few shots of Alice I'd taken quite stealthily when she wasn't looking, a few of me when she'd done the same, and the most recent were her party on her second Coco day that either I or Kitty had taken, depending on who was in the picture. I knew these pictures were coming with us, they always had and they always would.

Our instruments were put away in their cases just as lovingly, my guitar that Alice had given me all those years ago the first to be put away. Next were Alice's violin and fiddle, gifts from me for various anniversaries. She was a classical dream on violin, and sexy as hell and natural as any Southern lady on the fiddle- after I taught her, of course. She'd given me gifts of her own, from a harmonica to my very own banjo- "to complete your hot Southern stallion look."

Walking into the house after work, I found Alice still hard at work, packing away all the decor from around the house. Sweeping her into my arms from behind, I nuzzled my nose along her throat. "Honey, I'm home......"

Her head rolled against my shoulder as her eyes closed with a sigh, my teeth nibbling at her earlobe. "Now, darlin', I know you ain't ignoring me....."