(Not Quite) As Normal As It Gets

A/N: Chapter dedication:sxnflowerwriter

The view of New York from my third story window was amazing, a sight I'd never be bored of. The single word Coco reflected back at me from the building across the way, sending a thrill through me. I was working at Coco, owned by THE Coco Chanel!

Jasper and I had moved from Italy back to the States almost five years ago- New York to be exact, and while the prey wasn't always the best, basically everything else certainly was!

I'd been with Coco two years today, and my friends had decided to throw me a surprise party- not that it would be a surprise, or that they would ever find out I knew, of course. My friends were too few and far between to tell any sort of thing about my "abilities."

At the moment, the girls were finishing last minute things while I was sure to shut my office up for the day rather slowly- even for a human. Jasper would arrive later, after he closed up.

I couldn't wait- for my husband or for my party. One thing that had in no way changed- it had only gotten stronger- was my intensity and reaction when the word "party" was even mentioned, let alone planned and thrown.

Imagine my actual genuine surprise when my door creaked slowly open and the very man that had been on my mind for 41 years and counting blurred through my door and pulled me into his arms. "Happy Coco day!"

Giggling like a schoolgirl with a crush, I let myself go limp in his arms as he twirled me around the room- and, while I was a far cry from schoolgirl, I did have a crush. A big crush on my born-and-bred Southern gentleman.

"Jazzy!" Playfully shoving out of his arms, I landed on my tiptoes with feline grace before an idea popped into my head. Sinking into a crouch that was a long way from forgotten- even in the "concrete jungle"- I faced him with a teasing growl, my lips tugging into a smirk. "Come and get me, big boy."

Remembering, if only a little, to run at a human pace, I couldn't control my giggles as my husband of 14 years chased me around my office. Springing lightly onto the top of a rather tall filing cabinet, I smirked as he reached up and out for me in vain with a growl. "Come on down, now, darlin'.... Unless, of course, you wanna miss your very own surprise party......."

Giggling once again with a roll of my eyes, I fluidly stood on top of the cabinet, not even close to the ceiling. Then, I breathed a sigh and closed my eyes, letting myself fall forward.

His arms encircled me bridal style as his golden eyes flashed in warning. "Alice......" Then his lips descended hotly on mine. "May I say, Mrs. Whitlock, that you look simply ravishing today....."

His slowly darkening eyes ran the length of my body, more than once, as I shivered under the heat of his gaze.

It might be strange to shiver under heat, but I couldn't help it. What he so often did to me was so much worse than a simple shiver, but that simple shiver was the only way I could control my self. We were, after all, around a bunch of humans......

"Nice word-play, Mr. Whitlock," I giggled, teasing my tongue along his lip as his own broke past my lips. I could kiss him all day..... Oh my, if I could make a living out of loving my Jasper......!?!

Working my fingers into his honey-blonde hair, I didn't realize we were moving until the solid wood of my desk brushed against my thighs under my ridden-up skirt. Wouldn't be the first time on the desk......

Our golden eyes locked as he slowly lowered me onto my back, pinning me with his body- not that I would ever even dream of going anywhere. And, of course, when it starts getting hot and heavy, here come the oh-so convenient best friends.....!