Need To Know Basis

A/N: this is dedicated to all of my new followers, as well as my faithful readers who occasionally vote... Keep 'em coming, guys!:);)

Sally POV

I had begun dozing off when her face popped into my mind, plaguing me. In all the years I'd known Alice, which was quite a long time, she never seemed to age or change, at all.

I wanted to know why, but I'd never ask.... I trusted Alice... She was my friend and if she wanted me to know, she'd tell me.

Sighing, I settled down for a long night ahead and closed my eyes, trying to get some much needed shut-eye.

~000~

Soft murmurings pulled me from my peaceful sleep, jerking awake as I saw shadows curled against the darkness. "Alice?!"

Startled, she jerked as her eyes met and locked with mine. Then, she was at my bedside, her hand clutching desperately at my own. "I'm so sorry, Sally..... We came as soon as we could!"

Quietly laughing, I shook my head with a small smile. "Don't worry about me, sweet pea..... I get enough of that from everyone else...... You just worry about you and that man of yours..."

Giggling, she looked over her shoulder as he came to stand at her side. Twining their fingers, she smiled and kissed him softly. "We got this, Sally......"
Smiling, I took an unsteady breath and closed my eyes, the never-ending questions floating in the back of my mind. How had she known I was sick?!?

"What happened, Sal?!? Why are you sick?!?"

Shrugging, I patted her hand as it rested in my lap. "Just the old age, I guess....... But I'm ready for whatever's coming..... I'm ready to see my Bernie....."

My eyes grew misty as I spoke of my husband, ripped away from me by the wars. Oh, how I wish he was here with me now.

Then, I was filled with an eerie calm, as though he was watching over me from Heaven. Turning to Jasper, I raised a brow but still asked no questions. Something about that man, both Alice and Jasper, was odd.....

"Sally, I know you have some questions for us, and I DO have answers..... But now's not the right time or place.... It's better you just keep asking questions because the answers I have come at a price...... It's all on a need to know basis....."

Well, now that's cleared up....... "I don't wanna know, Alice...... I mean, I do, but it's your business and I trust you to tell me only what I should know...."

Sitting up with a sigh, I didn't miss the quick, questioning glance she shot his way. "I've been alive a long time, Sally.... Jazz, too. But we don't age so we'll never grow old..... We're forever young....

We're faster than you, stronger than you, more enhanced in just about every way possible......"

I guess she decided she'd said too much..... Or so I thought...

"Sally, you remember how I knew Jasper was coming, how I told you he was the man of my dreams?!?" At my nod, she went on with a small smile. "I'm a seer, Sally..... I can see the future.

That's how I knew my Jasper and how he'd eventually find me... That's how I knew you were sick... And Jazz is an empath......"

What the heck had I gotten my self into?!? Sucking in a shocked breath, I put a hand over my heart and closed my eyes. I was tired.... Bernie, I'll be there soon!

"You can't tell anyone, Sally.... Not a single soul......"

I laughed quietly and shook my head. "I don't think you'll have any thing to worry about, Alice.... I'll be seeing my Bernie soon......"

"We love you, Sal..... Get some sleep....."

10 or so minutes later, I sighed quietly and closed my eyes. "My sweet Bernie, Ima coming."

~Alice~

Three days later, I curled into his arms under the light drizzle as the preacher talked quietly about the life of my best friend.

She lay prim and proper in a beautiful oak coffin with golden handles, waiting to complete the last stage of humanity: burial. Something I'd never know or experience, let alone have to think about.....

She was gone..... Forever with her Bernie, all angel wings and haloes in Heaven.....

~000~

Five years later, we were quite fluent with our French; we'd have to be, having lived in Paris for three and a half years.

Walking onto the balcony of our flat, I deeply inhaled the crisp, Paris air. I loved it here!

The July breeze swept over me, the thin sheet slipping lower along my breasts. It was hot!

No lie what we'd been up to, I smiled coyly to myself as scents of our combined passion and desire filled my nose.

7 years together and he had the same effect on me, still driving me to insanity, always begging and pleading for more.

Speak of my husband and he shall appear!

Snaking an arm around my waist, he tugged me into his side as I turned my head to his chest and fluttered my eyelashes up at him. "Good morning, my love."

Rolling my eyes as he arched a curious brow down at me, I play fully socked him in the arm. "Why don't you ever speak French, Al? I mean, we DO live in France...."

I twined the fingers of our left hands with a giggle and ran my nose along the column of his throat, his scent of leather and Old Spice and pure man and pure sex overwhelming me.

Shaking my head to clear the lustful haze I was in, I shrugged against him. "I can't roll my R's...."

"You don't in French, darlin'....."

"Stiilll.......Teach me, Jazzy?!?"

Chuckling, he nodded with a deep, lustful growl as his free hand wandered along my naked skin beneath the sheet. "I guess we can work something out....."

An embarrassingly loud moan hung in the air as his swift, expert fingers continued to work their magic even with the hindrance of the sheet. "C'était sexy, chérie."

Shivers coursed along my skin as his breath murmured huskily in my ear. My fingers knotted into his hair as I turned in his arms and bit back a whimper, his experienced hands hitching my right leg over his hip. Falling slack against him, I resisted as hard as I could his ever-present, throbbing member. Managing a thick, lust-saturated giggle, I pulled his head down to mine. "When do we start?"

"Now," he panted, pulling me in to his arms with a moan. The not-helpful-whatsoever if you have a possessive vampire husband sheet fluttered to the ground below our flat, my desire twining with his as I sank into him.
And that was the last I ever saw of that sheet......

~000~

Rolling onto my stomach, I pillowed my head on his chest with a contented, cat-like purr. "So, when exactly am I learning French, Jazzy?!"

"Right now if you'd like....." His voice was a husky murmur as he moved above me, quickly flipping the tables.

Then, his tongue parted my lips, manipulating mine as he taught me the art of rolling my tongue and my R's.

Five breathless minutes later, I pulled away with a smirk. "You make a fantastic teacher, Jazz... I had better be your only student though," I warned, arching against him as he moved possessively inside me.

"Don't ever talk like that, Alice. You're mine and I'm yours! I am the only man who should ever make you scream and shudder and plead..... Understand?!"

Nodding hastily, I whimpered as he did exactly that....