Healing The Hero

A/N: This lovely little update is dedicated to @lyricxavierlove16

Alice POV

He stood before me, bearing the many scars of a soldier, arms crossed over his bare chest as he lounged against the doorframe. I realized then, watching him and seeing his scars for the first time, that he'd been not just to hell, but through it and back.

My eyes wandered leisurely over the expanse of his chest, taking in his toned stomach and subtle six pack. His muscles rippled as he moved towards me, crossing the room in just four strides.

"See something you like, darlin'," he chuckled, brow risen in amusement, as I ducked my head and held in a smile.

"Um, no thanks." A smirk formed on his face as I giggled and playfully pushed him away.

His chest trembled beneath my hand, rippling with sheer power that radiated off him. "Don't push me away, darlin'."

His voice was soft and sultry, deep in his chest. The smirk he wore grew wider as he pulled me into his arms. I tingled all over as he chuckled, the sound music to my ears. "Jasper, stop it," I giggled, turning away from him as he put wet, openmouthed kisses on my cheeks.

"But I don't wanna," he whined, scooping me into his arms bridal style and nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. "If I may say so, Miss Alice Brandon, you smell simply delicious!"

Hopping out of his arms, I sat on the edge of the bed and smiled lightly as he growled deeply in his chest. I knew he'd never hurt me and that he was just playing but that didn't stop the tremble that ran through my body.

I couldn't help but remember him- the newborn- his elongated canines pressed into the hollow of my throat with the intent to mark me as his own. But Jasper had come and he had saved me. He had saved my life and for that I would be forever grateful.

He sat on his heels in front of me, unblinking, his eyes trained on my face. I blinked back to reality, surprised by how close he was. His blonde hair fell across his brow, shielding his eyes from me. I couldn't take it anymore! I had to see his eyes!

Slowly, almost hesitantly, I reached out a hand and swept away the light wisps of hair that graced the edges of his face. I expected him to flinch away but he did quite the opposite. His hand rested on mine, guiding it, as I pulled him closer. "Jasper," I breathed out, knowing what I would see.

His dark, glittering red eyes stared back at me. Even though I knew what i would find, it still upset me. To see eyes that looked so much like his, glittering and blood red. It was horrible, almost too much to bear, as I let out a strangled gasp and sank onto the floor beside him. "Jasper."

His arms were gentle on my waist, prompting me onto the bed, as his eyes flashed with sadness and regret. I felt horrible for doing what I had but I couldn't help it. To see the love of my life with the same eyes as those of a man who'd hurt me!

"Alice," he sighed, running a hand through his hair, eyes searching my face. Settling against the headboard, I curled my knees into my chest and closed my eyes, willing away the sight in my head. He sat beside me, twiddling his thumbs, as I blew out unsteadily. "I'm so sorry, Alice. You'll never know how much I regret causing you pain. I never meant to hurt you, my love." His voice was soft, laced with regret.

"It's my fault, Jasper. I rushed things. I should have waited until you were ready but I didn't. Please forgive me."

His eyes met mine, flashing hopefully, as he eased his hand into my tightly clenched fist. His smooth thumb caressed the back of my hand as he let out a low grumble. "God, I miss this." I sighed and closed my eyes, falling against his chest. "Would you like to hear my story, Alice. How I came to be? Why I am what I am?"