The Redcoats Are Coming~ Part One

Start from the beginning

"Jasper," she murmured in the same quiet, questioning tone, "are you ok?!? I don't have to go.... I just thought we could meet back here in an hour or so......"

Gazing down at her- my wife, my soul mate, my lover- I nodded with a chuckle and braced myself as she threw her arms so tightly around me that if I were human, she would've killed me.

Claiming her lips in a sweet combination of gentleness and possessiveness, I literally swept her off her feet into my arms as she twined her fingers into my hair and Iocked our lips tighter, a soft sigh of bliss escaping me. "One hour.

If you're gone even one minute longer, my Alice, will come find you...... And I'm bringing all hell to pay with me!"

With a final softly passionate kiss, she was gone. Now what the hell am I supposed to do?!?

~000~

Walking aimlessly through town, an idea hit me: why not play with a few emotions, see what kinda kicks I can get while waiting on Alice?!?

On the opposite side of the street, a man stood checking out the lingerie mannequins. On my side, there was a young woman just walking out of the bakery. A small, mischievous smile played on my lips as I shot lust clear into them. Let's just see where all this goes......

Ten minutes later, it was going exactly where I wanted it to.... The couple had quite unceremoniously snuck into the back of a shop as pure lust drove them mad. Am I good, or am I good?!?

Chuckling to myself, I counted back the minutes to see just how much time had passed since I'd last seen my wife. 20 minutes....... I was already anxious and missed her by my side, and I still had a whole 40 minutes, give or take, to go...... How was it possible for me to miss her so much after so little time gone by?!?

Sitting dejectedly on a bench, I whistled softly under my breath as the sky grew darker. It would be time to hunt soon.....

Drumming my fingers listlessly on my knees, I wished I had my guitar. Or, at least, some form of entertainment. I was bored...... And there weren't even very many humans out to play with..... What to do, what to do?!?

My body already on high alert, I slid into a defensive crouch out of pure instinct as a scream filled the dark air. A second later, I smelt blood. Lots of it.

Lots of human blood. That was when I lost it.

~Alice~

My bags fell from limps hands as a scream startled me into a defensive crouch, the darkness swimming around me as a vision easily took over. The emotions it brought forced the needless air from my lungs as I blacked out. Jasper! I had to find him. I had to find my Jasper!

The blood that pumped through the human was still so familiar to me, my vampire instincts yearning for the nectar that was a natural food source to my kind. Laced within the copper sweetness was a scent I knew far better and far longer- my Jasper!

They stood at the mouth of an alley, his face lit by the moon as he pinned the human boy to the wall, away from the girl. I was at his side in an instant, my hand gentle on his arm, as he stiffened away from me with a quite loud, territorial growl. "Jasper."

His eyes were glowing obsidian as he jerked his head around, his teeth snapping a mere inch from my throat. "Go. Away."

Rolling my eyes, I twisted my arms around his waist and ran my nose along his throat in a vain attempt to calm him. "Please, Jasper, do not do this!"

Our eyes met as his lips pulled over his teeth. "I will tell you one more time: go away."

A panic settled over me, harsh and sharp; I didn't want to lose him, either just because I listened and walked away, or because I stayed. I would not lose him! "No! I am not leaving you, now or ever, Jasper William Whitlock!"