Chapter 5: Is This The End?

Marcelle's POV:

It is amazing how long a kiss can linger on your lips. It had been five days since I had last seen dear Elizabeth, but still the taste of her mouth and breasts stayed on.

I sat on my bed on the brink of tears. I had gotten up and dressed and even applied heavy white make-up before reflecting on how pointless it all was seeing as I had nowhere to go. I missed Elizabeth, this was quite possibly the longest I had ever gone without talking to her and I longed to hear her gentle voice. I wondered whether she was missing me, or whether she hated me for what we did.

There was a knock on my door. "Hello?" I called out, clearing my throat of the lump that had built up.

"Your gentleman friend is awaiting you downstairs m'Lady," I heard my butler call in to me.

"Alright, I shall be down in a moment," I replied. What on Earth was John doing here? Thoughts ran through my mind about why he should call on me, before I decided to go and find out.

My breath caught in the back of my throat as I saw John-Laurent Lopez. He was sat in a reclined position in the padded armchair, his big brown eyes scanning the ceiling. His matching brown hair was flicked back, showig his handsome face and the way he was sat with his legs slightly open made me want to jump on him. I blinked and shook my head; my goodness what was happening to me? I was turning into an animal!

I stood in the doorway until he noticed me and grinne cheekily. Oh how I wanted him. "Come in, I cannot feel your beauty from all the way over there," he said.

I smiled shyly and sat down opposite him, "Honestly John, you should not say such things."

"Oh come now, you know you love it! How are you Marcelle?" he asked.

"Why did you call around John?" I asked.

"You have not answered my question yet," he answered, laughingly.

I sighed, "I am very well thank you John, now why did you call round?"

"You have not even asked how I am yet m'Lady, how awfully rude," he teased.

"Oh John!" I snapped and sat forward in defiance. In a childish attempt to imitate me, he sat forward too and we began to laugh until we realised how close our faces were to each other. A jolt of desire rushed through me and I closed my eyes. Our noses were touching and for a breif second, his lips brushed mine before we kissed for the first time. His lips felt so soft and warm against mine and I felt myself being enveloped in a velvety happiness, a world away from the raw passion I had felt with Elizabeth. I knew which one I should prefer, and I knew which one I did and there was no velvet about it.

I pulled away slowly, my whole body tingling, but not in pleasure. I turned aroud, concerned for the fact that anyone could have walked in and seen us. Satisfyed that they had not, I faced John, who was smirking at me. I smiled shyly and in an attempt to break the silence, said coyly, "You still did not answer my question Mr Lopez."

"Oh, Mr Lopez is it now, Miss de Lamone?" He bowed his head in mock earnest and I giggled.

"Yes Mr Lopez, and why did you call around?" I grinned.

He raised his head and his serious expression made my grin vanish. "I actually called around to ask why you and Elizabeth have not seen each other for such a log time," he said.

I gasped and clasped my hand to my mouth. I felt myself turn white and begin to shake. I bowed my head in shock, but upon feeling John's confused eyes burrow into the top of my head, the colour returned to my cheeks and they flamed red.