2.

•••Jess's POV•••

   My entire life has always been lived through a singular window in the middle of my wall. I can always see the groups of friends walking with each other and driving together. I can see couples walking hand in hand and embracing each other. I have smelled people having barbecues, and people having family diner. My window has been my only escape to the outside world.

   Just as i'm watching the sun go down from my window, "Jess!" I hear coming from downstairs. I gather myself quickly and run downstairs. To my surprise, my mother is sprawled out on the couch with a bottle in her hand. "Hi mom..." I say softly to her and walk to her side. "Make yourself useful and get me another beer." she says harshly to me. Nodding I go into the kitchen and grab her a beer.

    By the time I got back to her she was passed out on the couch. To avoid any further problems with her, or her waking up while I enact my escape plan, I quickly and swiftly make my way up to my mothers bedroom.

     I have broken through her bedroom door for the past few days. Every time I went into her room I tried to find things of value to take with me when I leave. 

     I got really lucky every time I went in. Ive collected an old phone, about 3,000 dollars in cash, and a purse. I think it insane that my mother has yet to catch onto her things being missing, especially her money.

   I make my way back into my bedroom and stare out of the window. This is the last time that I would be staring out of the window hopeless like this ever again. I will soon be gone from this life of misery and pain once and for all. 

    It is finally the time my plan goes into action.

    I had been planning my escape for many years, but now is the only time I had ever thought about following through. Last night I had packed up everything I had in order for me to leave fast. 

    I quickly grabbed my duffle bag, the phone, and put on my shoes and a hoodie. I then swiftly opened the window, and crawled out of it. I climbed into the tree outside of the window, and then safely climbed down to the ground. 

    As my feet hit the ground a sense of relief and fear swept through my body. My head then started to go wild with thoughts. Finally I got away from that house of lies and misery. Even though I just escaped, I now face a new and slightly larger issue.

    I am now on the street, and homeless. What am I supposed to do? Where am I to go? How will I ever find my way?

    Just as I started to lose myself to my thoughts I had almost a lightbulb moment.

Louis...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment, vote, and follow me!

 I am enjoying writing this story I hope you read as much as I enjoy writing my stories!

Tia xx