Chapter 20: 'Till Final Breath

Dipper sat in his seat, speechless. Pacifica's space suit floated a few yard from there front viewport, showing no movement. Mabel just remembered to look on her screen. She started to tear up.
"Her vitals are dropping," She was now sobbing, "I'm not getting a beat, shes... g-gone." She cried.
"No!" Dipper whispered.
He leaped from his seat and kicked off from his chair. He grabbed his helmet and was practically flying towards the shaft.
"Dipper she's gone you can't do anything." Ford shouted.
Dipper was already floating down the shaft. Now Ford was speaking to Dipper through his comm.
"Dipper, I can't guarantee well get you back." He said. Dipper zoned him out. He went a room and pressed a button marked, depressurize.
A hatch opened to the abyss of space. He slipped through. He saw Pacifica and floated over to her. Dipper flipped her around to see a cold, blue face.
"Guys get the defibrillator ready, now!" Dipper finally said. Ford signaled to Mabel who left to the other room. He watched as Dipper held Pacifica's lifeless body in one hand and steering back to the moving shuttle with the other.
"This is mission control, shuttle Destiny do you copy?" The comm interrupted the moment.
"Uh Yes, this is the Engineer, over."
"Shuttle Destiny, communications went out due to an asteroid shower, are you alright?" They responded.
"Ah, No, we have suffered severe damage to our lower haul and I'm pretty sure we've lost one crewmember."
"Who"
"Pacifica Northwest, Mr. Pines is retrieving her body right now."
"Okay well standby for ...chhhh... instru...chhhh!"
The communication blew out again.
"Dipper, how are you?" Ford buzzed back in.
"I'm almost there, what about the..."
"Mabel's getting it set up now."
"Good, I'm pressurizing the chamber now stand bye." Dipper said now back the shuttle.
Dipper took her space suit off.
A few minutes later Dipper set Pacifica on the table trying to keep her from floating around. Mabel held the defibrillators in her hand. Dipper grabbed them from her.
"Okay charging.... CLEAR!" Dipper yelled as he shoved the defibrillators on her chest. Her body shook and then fell.
"No change!" Mabel said looking at the screen with Pacifica's vitals. They all were still inactive.
The defibrillators gave off a frequent beeping while charging. Then it became a solid beep when it was ready to be used.
"CLEAR!" The same affect happened.
Beep, beep beep beep beep beep, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
"CLEAR!" Time and time again Dipper did the same thing and every time nothing changed, and Dipper had less and less hope. Now Ford was there beside him. Dipper was about to charge the defibrillators again when Ford put his hand on his shoulder signaling to stop. Mabel began to sob in the corner, knowing a friend of hers, was dead.
Dipper began to stop, but in quickly regained desperate determination. He floated over to Pacifica who was floating over the operating table. To everyones surprise, Dipper began violently shaking her.
"Pacifica fight! FIGHT IT!"
"Dipper what are you doing, there's nothing you can do, DIPPER!" Ford yelled. Dipper zoned him out.
"Come on Pacifica, COME ON!" Ford tried to pull him back but Dipper shoved him away.
"PACIFICA!" Dipper shouted seemingly louder than he had ever yelled.
Pacifica coughed. The heart monitor beeped signalling a stable beat. Her eyes blinked and she felt groggy.
"Di-Dipper. What's..." Her mind sparked. "Dipper!" She smiled. She hugged him, tightly with tears in her eyes.