Prologue: Why Now?

Stan sat on the couch on the front porch of the shack.
"Kids, get down here will ya." He shouted
"Coming" Dipper and Mabel both yelled in unison.
Ford, after grabbing a can of Pitt Cola, sat down beside Stan.
"Listen, I know this might be hard for you but you gotta do the right thing. All I've been through, tells me it's not safe for Dipper and Mabel here any longer, at least not until they're older anyhow." Ford said as he looked at Stan: who was staring into his can.
"I...I just hate seeing the two suckers leave. I mean, its just like yesterday the two of them were working the mystery shack. You know?"
"I get it, I just..." Ford was interrupted by the sounds of footsteps on the stairs.
"What ya need?" Mabel asked Stan.
"Ah, well, kids I just, don't know how to put this but, uh..." Stan stuttered.
"Kids, what your uncle is trying to say, is that you have to leave Gravity Falls."
Dipper stopped him,"Whoa, Whoa, wait, leave Gravity Fall? Gruncle Stan, what's he talking about?"
"I'm sorry kid; listen, we both think it's not safe for you two here ever since what happened" Stan said referring to the Weirdmageddon incident.
"Listen, Dipper you're a person of logic. Can't you see this is the best option?" Ford reasoned, trying to get Dipper to understand.
"Dipper you know that's not true." Mabel pleaded.
"Well... UGH! He has a point." Dipper conceded, scratching his neck.
"Dipper you're gonna give up that easily." Mabel began to tear up and run up the stairs.
"Mabel!" He turned toward the pair, "You better be right." Dipper concluded.
"You need to trust me, it's hard for me too." He replied
"Stan?"
"He's right kid, I'm sorry." Stan looked back down into his Soda can.
Dipper hung his head and started upstairs.
"I guess I'll start packing."