Chapter 5: Dinner

Dipper pulled up to the restaurant. He parked the car and walked in through two sets of doors to reach the front of the building.
"Welcome, sir." The woman at the front greeted.
"Uh, hi. I think I have a reservation." Dipper states.
"Sure, whats the reservation name?"
"Northwest." Dipper says. The woman looked shocked. "Uh, okay. Yes hear it is. Your table will be ready in a few minutes sir."
"Thank you." Dipper said before taking a seat in the waiting area behind him.
He looked out through the glass door to see a limo appear in the lot outside. Dipper turned his head and was surprised to see the same exact scene play out on the TV that hung in the front corner of the restaurant.
A news reporter stood in front of the scene.
"Tonight we see that Pacifica Northwest is going to have dinner with a Dipper Pines, who we are told, left four years ago and had an unexpected arrival yesterday. Oh and here she comes now!" The reporter said as Pacifica stepped out of the car. Lights flashed, reporters asked questions. The same news reporter shoved her way to the front, "So Pacifica our viewer want to know what you guys have planned for tonight?" The reporter put the microphone up to Pacifica. "Uh, well..."
"I'm sure our couple will have a grand time." The chauffeur stepped in between Pacifica and the reporter. This gave Pacifica time to escape and run into the restaurant. As she entered the second door, she stopped to catch her breath. When she looked up she unexpectedly saw Dipper in jeans, a flannel shirt and his hair the way it usually was. He had his arms crossed with a small grin on his face.
"Oh hey Dipper, you wouldn't believe what happened so I was..." Dipper gestured to the TV with news reporter and chauffeur.
"Oh," Pacifica giggled then blushed.
"Shall we go?" Dipper said. Pacifica noticed the waitress with the menus.
"Why not." Pacifica shrugged and giggled some more.
They walked to their table, talked, ate, and talked some more. When dinner was done they walked to the front of the building. As promised Pacifica paid for dinner.
"That was ... fun, we should do that again sometime." Dipper admitted, trying to break the awkward tension between the two.
"Yeah." Pacifica agreed.
As soon as they walked out of the second set of door they were greeted by camera flashes, news reporters, and all out pandemonium for someone like Dipper, who wasn't use to the limelight.
"Yep that's my queue to leave, bye Dipper."
"See ya, Pacifica." The mob of photographers and reporters watched as the car drove away. Then they directed their attention on Dipper, who had foolishly not moved.
"Oh crud!" He blurted as he ran to his car. As the mob got closer he turned on his car and drove in the opposite direction as fast as he the speed limit would permit.
"Phew!" He reassured himself as he drove out of town and back toward the Shack.