Ch. 31

Two Days Later

( Tati )

I was laying in bed when my dad entered the room.

Dad: Hey sweet pea. Why so gloomy?

I forced a smile.

Me: Oh no reason. Just a little bit tired.

Dad: Okay well I need you to get up and get dressed in something really nice. Were going out to eat with my boss and a few co-workers and their families. We may all be getting a raise.

He was so excited.

Dad: Oh and Andre is coming and of course Sierra.

I fake smiled.

Me: Oh great , Dre is coming.

Dad: Alright sweetie. Be ready by 6:00. We're leaving at 6:30.

Me: Alright daddy.

He kissed my head and walked out. I groaned. Sierra walked in without knocking. Not that I care. Sierra doesn't know what knocking is.

Sierra: Sup birch.

Me: Birch?

Sierra: Yep. Birch.

Me: Sierra , what is a birch?

She laughed and sat at the bottom of the bed Indian style.

Sierra: I dunno. I was hoping you'd know.

I laughed.

Me: Sometimes I don't understand you.

Sierra: Liar.

I laughed.

Me: Okay maybe just a little.

Sierra smiled.

Sierra: I'm glad to see you smiling.

Me: Why?

Sierra: You haven't smiled one bit since that day.

I just looked at my Flat Screen that was in the wall with Reba playing.

Sierra: Sorry.

Me: It's okay.

Sierra: Imma go get dressed for the dinner.

Me: Alright.

She smiled a bit and walked out. I sighed and clicked off the tv. I got up and went to my closet. I walked over to my dresses and looked through them. I decided on a Red Strapless Lace Thigh High Slit Maxi Dress and Black Slouchy Strappy Spiked Boots Faux. I laid it on the bed and stripped. I got undressed and stepped into the shower. I remember when Jordan got into the shower with me and well ya know , I got that strap. But Yall ain't need to know that.

I pulled on my boots. I walked over to my full length mirror and looked at my self. I looked lifeless. I was definition of pale. My eyes were so dull and lifeless. Just like me.

I sighed and grabbed my clutch. It had my keys , phone , razor , charger , ear plugs , money and toiletries in there. I walked out my room and downstairs. Sierra was laying on the couch wearing a Leopard Two Toned Long Sleeve Bodycon Dress and Black Bolted Studded Platform Pump Heels.

Sierra: Wow. You look.

Me: I look what? Lifeless and dull? Yeah I know.

Sierra: I was gonna say beautiful.

Me: Oh. Thanks I guess.

Sierra: You welcome.

Mom came down wearing a Blue Strappy Knee Length Cocktail Sress and Nude pumps. Khaleyah was wearing a Black dress with a see through poofy layer and black converse. Dad came down wearing a suite.