Chapter Six: Chester's Corner

Whilst Crystal and I walk downstairs, my phone blips at me, signalling that I have a text.

Livs
Hey babe,
You free to meet today?
x

As I compose a message back and Crystal steps the last step, Mason jumps out shouting "AHHH!" Crystal screams along with him, except higher, louder and more terrified. I look up laughing to see Shane, Mason and Lucas also laughing at Crystal. She stops screaming and starts blushing ferociously.

Me
Heyy,
Yeah, I don't seem to be doing anything else.
What time & where?
x

"Morning all," I say, and receive a chorus of 'Morning' s, along with a 'Howdy' from Lucas.

"You guys doing anything interesting today?" Crystal asks the boys, her face still quite an alarming red.

"Not really," Shane starts, "We were thinking of going to the park?"

"Is that wise?" I but in.

"Well, are there any secluded parks around here?" Mason asks.

"Um, Chester's Corner is pretty secluded." Crystal mentions, looking at me for confirmation. I nod back at her.

"That sounds good then," Lucas agrees.

Livs
I don't really mind.
x

"Do you girls want to come with us?" Shane asks.

"Is that just because you need directions?" Crystal asks, knowingly.

"Of course not," Shane grins cheekily.

Me
How about Chester's Corner, in 20 minutes?
x

"Well, yeah sure, I'm in," Crystal agrees, "Mollie?"

Livs
Yeah sounds good.
See ya
x

"Okay," I say looking up from my phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, guys. This is my friend Olivia Colemann." I say, as I see her walking over.

"Hi guys," Olivia smiles, "Wait, oh my. You're Generation Knot!" She squeals.

"I forgot to foreworn you," I sigh, "Sorry."

"It's nice to meet you Olivia." Lucas says politely.

"Yeah, it's so great to meet Mollie's friends." Shane smiles, "She doesn't seem to have many." He grins cheekily. I look at him, he starts running away.

"Are you not gonna follow him?" Crystal chuckles.

"Nah, I'll just let him run scared." I say jokingly.

"We can play football!" Jordan shouts, running over to us whilst dribbling a football.

"I'm up for it." Ethan smiles, catching up to his friend.

"I guess," Mason grins, "What else is there?"

"What'll be the teams?" Crystal asks.

"Shall we do like they do in Primary schools and pick two captains?" Shane jokes.

"Yeah, okay. Why not?" I agree.

"Jordan and Mollie as Captains?" Crystal says, winking at me.

"Meh, okay." Jordan shrugs. We then start to pick out of the six remaining people, until we are down to the last two. By this point, I have Lucas and Mason and Jordan has Crystal and Ethan.

"I pick Livs, you get Shane." I say to Jordan.

"Hey, I feel really offended that I'm the last picked." Shane says, in the background. Everyone ignores him.

"Bring it on, Johnson." Jordan says, taking a step closer to me.

"Oh, I will Stewart. Just watch me." I say, taking a step back and walking off.

Jordan's team ended up winning, but we were only off by one goal. I wouldn't really count it a victory. They are though, which is a bit silly if you think about it.

"Well done, babe!" I say, high-fiving Crystal. You have to celebrate your friends' victories, otherwise you get very negative.

"Thank you, my love." She says giving me a slap-high-five. Crystal isn't as sporty as me, so I'm glad she's won something like this. Livs runs up and congratulates her as well, then she turns to me.

"Molls," She whinges, "We need to create our training schedule for  the summer. We'll be unfit for the team when we get back, if we don't!" 

"Okay,  we can do it later if you want to come back to mine?" I ask.

"Sounds like a plan!" She smiles.

"Wait," Shane pauses his celebrations, "Aren't you like captain of a lot of sports teams at school?"

"Yeah, but it's the summer holiday's so leave off." I say feeling embarrassed.

Before I can stop it from happening, Jordan tries to do a flip whilst kicking the ball. His foot misses the ball by a couple of inches and he ends up falling on top of it. Suddenly all we hear is a deafening crack, when his body whacks into the ground.

"Oh, my gosh!" Crystal shouts, as Jordan cries out in pain.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask rushing over to him.

"My leg." He mumbles, withering in pain. I check his leg and see it's already swollen massively. His leg is also in a position that I know it definitely shouldn't be.

"Someone call an ambulance." I shout back to the group, "Now!"

"Hi, hello. My friend has landed on his leg horribly wrong and it's not in the normal postion..." I hear someone say.

"It's okay J, just breathe. The ambulance is on its way." I say calmly.