Chapter Five: The Best Member of GK

When we arrive at Jess' Crystal hollers at Jane, Jess' daughter, behind the counter. She smiles when she sees us and comes rushing over.

"I haven't seen you guys in so long," She starts, emphasis on the so, "What have you been up to, we need to have a proper catch up."

"I know, it's has been too long," I reply, "Why don't you come and sit with us, that is of course, if your mum doesn't mind. Is she out the back?"

"Yes, of course. I'll go ask her now, just pick whatever table you want." She rushes, speeding out into the kitchen of the café. Crystal and I know Jane from when we were little, in Primary school she was in our friendship group, we were the three musketeers. However, in the last year they had money problems, so they had to move into a smaller house which only happened to be too far from the Secondary school that we were all going too. Therefore, we lost most connections with Jane, but every now and then we make excuses to try and pop into the café.

"Gosh, it feels like forever since I've seen Jane & Jess." Crystal mumbles to me as we all walk over to the tables and push a few together.

"That's because it has been forever, C," I reply, counting up the chairs we need, "Chloé how many seats do we need?" I ask her way.

"Well there are us four, and then Generation Knot, so that makes 9 and if Jane is joining us, then 10." She adds up quickly.

"So, if we put 2 four seat-er tables together and 1 two seat-er, then that's enough, right?" Crystal asks.

"Yes," Dylan & Chloé says at the same time. They glance at each other and then look away, Chloé blushing.

As we all pick a seat and get comfortable, Generation Knot come strolling in and search around until they see us. It was time for the introductions.

"Hi guys, I'm Shane," He starts pointing at himself, "This is Jordan, Mason, Lucas and Ethan." He says, moving along the line.

"Hey," The boys say, I notice Jordan smirk at me. I grin back.

"Hello," I start, "I'm Mollie," I say mimicking Shane, "This is Crystal, Chloé and Dylan."

"Hi," My introductory lot say back.

"Okay," I clap, "Now, we've done the introductions, do you want to sit down?" Before we get the chance to sit down, Jane comes back out to us. She goes wide-eyed as she realises who is sat at our table.

She clears her throat, and then says towards Crystal & I "My mum says I can sit with you guys, and we can have our little catch up." She grins. "And seeing as no one is in here, other than us she said we can close early, and have the place to ourselves."

"That's so sweet of her," Crystal smiles kindly.

"Do you need any help with anything?" I ask her politely.

"Well, I could use a hand to get the glasses out for drinks, but then you guys can just get your own, if that's okay?" She asks nervously.

"That's fine with us," I look around at the rest of the group, and receive grateful nods.

"Okay, that's good. Do you want to pick your seats as I get the glasses, and then I can take your orders and stuff?" She grins, still slightly stuttering nervously.

"Sounds good," Ethan says, walking over to Jane. "Hi, my name's Ethan, and you are?" He asks.

"Hi Ethan, I'm Jane." She smiles shyly.

"That's a lovely name; you mentioned that you'd like a hand with the glasses?" He asks. Jane nods. "Well, lucky for you I have two hands spare for your use." Jane goes a deep shade of red, and just beckons for him to follow her.