Chapter 3: Mr. Brown Eyes

I was walking down the stairs after coming out of my room, jamming to my 'Wake Me Up' playlist on my phone, when I heard laughing behind me.

"Seriously Shane, you've got to stop sneaking up on me like that." I said turning around seeing that it wasn't Shane.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not Shane." says the young man with brown eyes, still laughing. I immediately recognise him as a member of Generation Knot, but I can't seem to quite come up with his name.

"I can see that." I say, smiling awkwardly. An uncomfortable silence settles over us. I seem to be getting a lot of those lately.

"I'm Jordan," says brown eyes, "Jordan Stewart."

"Nice to meet you Jordan Stewart, I'm Mollie Johnson. Newly found sister of Shane Montex." I say, winking cheekily.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Johnson." Jordan says with a bow. I giggle. As I carry on walking down the stairs, Jordan follows close behind me.

"Not to be rude or anything," I start, "but how comes you're here?"

"We have a band practise today, so I came to make sure he was up and ready in time." He says. He's so cute. He is the definition of friendship.

"Awe, that's sweet of you." I say, making him blush. The silence engulfs us again, but this time it's comfortable. We just stare smiling at each other first, and then it turns into a staring competition. I'm close to winning, when my phone starts ringing. It's Crystal. I gesture to Jordan that I'll be one moment, and he gets out his phone to entertain himself.

"Hey hey hey!" She says, joyfully.

"Hello C," I reply, "How comes you're calling?"

"Because I'm bored, and I'm stuck babysitting my little shit of a brother!" She whinges.

"Aw babe. Do you want to meet at the park? I can bring Chloé? I have to babysit her too." I offer.

"Yeah, that would be fun. Meet you at 12:00?" She asks.

"Sounds perfect." I agree, hanging up the phone.

"Seems like you've got your day planned." Jordan states.

"Yep. Taking little kids to the park, fun!" I say sarcastically.

"It's a real shame though; I was going to ask if you wanted to come to the studio. You know, to like see how things work in the music business and stuff." He rambles.

"Aw, that's kind of you to offer, but as you've said I've got my day planned. Maybe some other time though?" I suggest.

"Yeah, okay, some other time. I better to go and see if Shane's up." Jordan says, walking away.

"See you later." I call after him. I head on through the living room to the kitchen, and see Chloé sitting at the kitchen table eating pancakes. I grab myself a plate from the cupboard and take some pancakes from the side, then go and join her.

"What's up buttercup?" I ask her because she was just motionless and staring at her food.

"Oh nothing," she starts with a sigh, "I'm just bored of being stuck in this house. I just wish dad would let me go out with my friends sometimes, you know?"

"Well, I'm looking after you today. So, I was thinking we could go to the park? And yes, I get where you are coming from. Dad didn't allow me out when I was your age either; he's just being protective and thinking of your safety." I offer her.

"Okay. And can we go shopping instead?" She asks me, obviously feeling too old for the park. But you can never be too old for the park.

"Nope. I haven't been given any money to take you out, so we can't go shopping. But Dylan's going to be there." I say convincingly, and her face lights up extremely.

"Okay, what time are we leaving?" she asks frantically.

"At 12," I answer, "So, in about 40 minutes." As soon as I've said this, Chloé rushes up to her room, mumbling about what she's going to wear.

You see, Chloé has quite a major crush on Dylan, which everyone can see but him. Oh, and Dylan is Crystal's brother who is in the year above Chloé, and now I know you might be thinking, 'Why is Crystal babysitting her brother, if he's 13?' Crystal and I have very protective parents is one of the reasons. The other is that Dylan is grounded because of some stunt his friends convinced him into pulling at school, and their parents are away for work.

Therefore resulting in Crystal having to babysit her brother.