Chapter One: Meeting the Step-Brother

Today is just a normal day in my life. I'm currently in school which is quite boring, well except P.E, that's my favourite subject if you hadn't guessed. My name is Mollie Johnson. I'm just an average 17 year old girl. I go to West High College, where I am right now. I'm good at football, tennis, running, badminton, and baseball! I bet you any sport you name I can play! I'm also the captain of all the girls' sports teams here at West High.

"Miss Johnson!" a voice said, interrupting my thoughts!

"36!" I say looking up confused.

"We're in English, Miss Johnson, not Math!" exclaimed my teacher.

"Um, I'm not sure." I replied.

"Okay, well pay attention please!" my teacher said.

My best friend, Crystal and I smirked. Miss Green lets us get away with everything because we are her favourite pupils. Crystal has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. She is very pretty, and she has the perfect style which is a mix of street life and classy girl. I'm so grateful that she is in this class with me because whenever I need a stress relief I can just look to my left, and there she is.

As the end of school bell rings, I rush out of English towards Crystal's car. Last time I'll be here for at least 8 weeks! Thank God for summer holidays! We go to each other's houses after college every day. Today, we are going back to mine because I need to be home straight away as my dad and my new step-mother Stacey have something to tell me. My dad had text me last period to let me know.

I didn't live too far away from West High, so the journey was quite short. Although Crystal had managed to listen and sing along to at least 3 Generation Knot songs! Generation Knot is a world-wide popular boy band, who most teenage girls obsess over. I don't mind some of their music; I'll admit that they have a talent. But I just don't get the hype over their looks and features. As another song was about to start, we pulled up into my drive. I made sure she was out of the car, so she didn't just sit there a listen to it.

We walk up to my front door and I take my keys out from my rucksack, and unlock the door. Crystal follows me into the living room where we find my dad and Stacey sitting on the sofa. I sit down opposite them, and Crystal perches next to me.

"So Molls," my dad starts, "I know that you're still getting over the divorce between your mum and I..."

"Dad, don't worry. I'm over that now. Mum left when I was little, it wasn't your fault, it was her decision. I like Stacey, and I'm happy at how happy she makes you." I say, cutting him off.

"Okay, good. Anyway, as Stacey and I have been married for quite a long time now, I've asked both Stacey and her son to move in with us." My dad says happily.

"You have a son?" I ask, turning to Stacey, "How comes I didn't know?"

"You haven't met him because he wasn't at the wedding. His job is quite ... demanding and he wasn't able to spend a lot of time with his family last year. However, this year, my son Shane, has some more free time." Stacey answers.

"Can we meet him?" Crystal asks.

"Yeah, he's just getting a drink from the kitchen I think." My dad ponders.

Crystal is closer to the kitchen door, so I follow her. As soon as she steps through the door she screamed "OH MY GOSH!"

I hurried in after her to see why she had fainted. I stepped into the kitchen expecting to see her on the floor, but I didn't. She had been caught, and was now being held in the arms of a stranger. He had caught her, and now Shane Montex from Generation Knot was in my house.

Shane was my new step-brother.