Not that hungry anymore...

Start from the beginning

He didn't say one word to me. He just took the seat next to me and wore the untouched lab jacket. I found it quite awkward and I didn't know what to do. Mrs. Trainor explained our objective and many of the other groups have already started. Come on English! You're not gonna let your fear fail this class! I took a deep breath and faced Strider.

"Shall we begin?" I asked. He turned his head towards me then began picking up test tubes. I began working as well. "Um... Strider?" Still no response. I continued anyways. "I don't know what I did this morning, but I'm sorry of I offended you so. Do you think we could start over?" I asked and looked over to him. He had a blank expression. I wish I could see behind those shades... I waited for a response, but was given none. I sighed and continued to work. I couldn't help but keep staring at him by the corner of my eye.

"Stop. Staring." He spoke aloud. I quickly looked away. I spoke my apologies, but he didn't reply. Having Strider as a partner wasn't all that great. He barely tried his best on the objective and didn't seemed to want any side chat.

Let me just say I was quite glad when the class ended. He wasn't in my next one, which was a relief. When it came around lunch I met up with Jane at the cafeteria doors. Jane and I always meet up and eat together. We always bring food from home as well.

"How is your day so far Jake?" Jane asked as she took her usual seat from across me. I placed down my bag and pulled out my turkey sandwich Jade made.

"It was okay, but it could have gone more swell. The Strider lad had been getting in my way today." I replied. Jane looked concerned and said something that I didn't catch. My eyes found the noticble boy. He had his back facing me and he seemed to be in a conversation with that one blonde.

The blonde looked my way and I quickly looked back at Jane. "What was that Jane?" I asked nervously. Jane gave a curious look.

"I was asking if he was bothering you? What were you looking at-" she started to turn around.

"Oh nothing!" I said loudly and attracted her attention back at me. She looked at me with worry. I laughed nervously and forced a smile. "He's not bothering me at all... He just strikes me as interesting." I looked back over to the blonde and she seemed to pass Strider a piece of paper. I squinted my eyes to see better, but Jane snapped her fingers in my face.

"Who?" She asked.

"Dirk Strider! He's an interesting fellow..." I whispered keeping my eyes glued on the anime glasses wearing teen across the lunch room. Suddenly Dirk stood up and turned his head in my direction. "He couldn't have possibly heard-" My words got caught in my throat as Dirk began making his way towards my table. I felt uneased with the dark arua around Dirk. "Oh my..." I sat in fear as he slammed his hands on the table making me jump.

Under his hand was a piece of paper and he slid it towards me. He came in real close. "I said... Stop staring at me!" He growled with each word. He pointed at the paper. "I don't know what weird obsession you have with me, but I don't like it. If you continue this I will hurt you." He threatened. I was shaking and didn't dare move an inch. He cleared his throat. "Do you understand?" He asked. I nodded with wide eyes. He stood up then walked away back to his table.

I glanced down at my lunch and remained silent. The lunch room filled in with whispers. Jane took the paper on the table to examine it. "Did you draw this?" She asked. I was confused and looked up to see her holding a folded up paper. The paper had a drawing of Strider which I had no problem recognizing my own doodles.

I quickly checked my pocket to find that the picture was indeed missing. I quickly took the paper away from Jane and stuffed it deep into my pocket this time. "Yeah... I must have dropped it." I embarrassingly admitted and looked back down at my lunch. Jane cleared her throat.

"Well are you going to eat your lunch?" She asked to break the silence. I glanced at my sandwich and didn't have the stomach to eat right now.

"No... Not that hungry anymore..."

Yay! So this chapter is done! Finally!! I was working on this here and there, but finally managed to finish it today! I could only imagine the doodle Jake made!! Anywho! The pictures for the chapters are going to be all Jake X Dirk and won't relate to the story at all. I hoped you like it and also I shall be working on the next chapter very soon! Sorry this chapter is short too! I hope the next chapter is longer. So until next time! I hope you enjoyed
~ Selena Callow