The Devil's Angel - Chapter 7

Beginne am Anfang

I dropped my sword, the blade vanishing into nonexistence before it could ever touch the floor. And then I was rushing forwards. My body collided hard with his, my arms going around his waist as I buried my face in the jacket of his suit. I squeezed a tight as I could.

"It's alright Savannah, I'm okay now." His hands gently tugged on my arms and I reluctantly let go, allowing him to pull me away so we could meet each other's gaze.

"I've missed you." I muttered, wiping at my cheek where a tear had made its way down my cheek.

"I've miss you too," he replied, a smile upon his face. I smiled back but it quickly transformed into a scowl. Without thinking about it, I threw my fist into his shoulder in a not so playful jab.

"If you missed me so much, you could have come and visit before now." I stared him down; poking a finger into his chest with each word so there was no mistaking my mood. "Lucius told me you had made your way up here a fortnight ago and yet this is the first we are seeing of you."

"Would it help if I said I'm sorry?"

I huffed and stepped away from the man. "Maybe but you'd still be on probation."

"I really am sorry Savannah. I've had duties to complete which required my urgent attention. Unfortunately, having His blessing means I am now getting pulled into Angel duties too these days. Until my brothers are allowed to leave once more, those of us left behind are forced to do the duties of the many."

"Damn it. I want to be angry with you but when you go dutiful angel on me I just can't manage it."

The forgiven angel before me smiled, blinked his eyes at me. He looked the picture of innocence.

"Come on, let's go and sit down. We can catch up with each other and then you can tell me why you were sitting in the dark."

"I wasn't sitting." He protested so I shot a glare at him over my shoulder. "I was standing."

Laughing lightly, I turned on the light in the lounge and gestured for him to take a seat.

"Don't be difficult Castiel. You've been around Lucius for too long and its starting to rub off."

"I was sitting in the dark because I may have fallen into a restorative slumber while leaning against the counter in the kitchen." Castiel scratched the back of his neck before sheepishly looking my way. "I may have lied to Hades when I said I was feeling one hundred percent better. My body will require me to partake in nightly slumbers until I am back to full health."

"Cass, what will we do with you?" I chided. "I'll set you up in Lucius' room for tonight, he won't mind."

Cass raised his brows at me.

"He's been staying here. I haven't been doing so well recently."

The man nodded his head. "I understand." And from the look in his eyes, I believed he truly did understand.

"How are you doing?" I asked, my eyes doing a sweep from head to toe. All external injuries appeared to have been healed but I knew that there were many other ways in which a person could be hurt.

"I am well." He started but caught the disbelieving expression on my face. "I am well as I can be. Hades' healer did her job well. I think I may have been permanently damaged if now for her skill."

There was something in his tone as he spoke about the healer that had my curiosity peaked and yet looked his face, it was clear the man was oblivious to his own interest.

"I remember everything the horsemen did to me. I sometimes wish I could forget like human's can. Instead I suffer through all of the tortures over and over again the moment I close my eyes." Cass shuddered and shook his head. "They actually made me believe I had killed Lucius and you and my brothers. It was just them toying with me but I will never get over the horror of feeling your blood on my skin and your death burdening my soul."