Chapter 14: Realization

~NORMAL POV~

Wendy sat down on a table with Romeo. Romeo cleared his throat. "So, Wendy...do you, er...remember anything?"

"Of course. I remember Fairy Tail, I remember, um...Grandeeney. I remember that she raised me and that I'm a Dragon Slayer, but I don't know what kind."

"Well, you're a Sky Dragon Slayer."

Wendy made an 'o' shape with her mouth and nodded. "That's cool, I guess."

Romeo inched closer to her. "Hey, Wen..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you remember when we went to Fairy Hills, and you and the girls got, like, extremely drunk?"

"Oh gosh, really?"

He chuckled softly, and Wendy felt a warm tingling inside. "Yeah. You...You jumped on me and told me that you wanted to go to the beach."

Their eyes met, both of them grinning broadly. "Well, did I?"

"Yeah. But you were drunk, so you asked me to carry you."

Wendy felt blood rush to her cheeks as she heard that. "Y-You...carried me? All the way to the beach?"

"Yeah..." He said, laughing heartily. "Then after that you said that you were hungry and you wanted to go to the nearby Hawaiian restaurant."

"And...did you take me?"

"YYYYep. And...And while we were eating you told me that my hair was exactly the same color as that ring Grandeeney gave you when you were young." Romeo lightly grabbed her hand and showed her the ring.

For the second time that day, Wendy felt a sensation as he touched her hand. For a moment, their eyes locked and they shared a passionate moment. Little did they know that somewhere behind the counter, Mirajane was acting as if she was watching a romance movie. She whispered to her sister, "Ne, Lisanna...You know, even though Wendy lost her memory, a part of her still seems to love Romeo." Lisanna nodded, taking a bite of her burger. "Yeah, I agree..."

Romeo stood up and took Weny out of the guild. "C'mere. I want to show you something."

Wendy hesitantly agreed and soon she found herself on a cool, sandy beach. She stared at the scenery before her. The sand was white and cool. The water flowed and let the wind take over. The sun shone brightly and released a radiance beyond compare. It reminded her of the beach Romeo had told her about earlier, even though in her mind it was only fragments and blurs.

She felt something fuzzy and warm explode in her heart. A memory flashed in her mind.

 "I'm making a memory."

"You smell like rasberries and crispy leaves in autumn."

"My turn. You smell like the summer breeze, and...caramel."

"Are you sure you want me to be your partner? I don't want to hold you back."

"You won't hold me back, Wen. In fact, you're going to be the girl who gives me strength while I'm taking the exam."

Wendy staggered a few steps back, one hand firmly placed on her head. Romeo worriedly supported her. "Wendy! W-What's wrong?!"

"Romeo...I just...realized..."

Romeo's gaze softened. "What is it, Wen?"

"I love you."