Competition Results

2pm. Finally! I hope I win!

I'm standing in the crowd with Shawn looking at the stage with excitement. The announcer is explaining the competition to the crowd. "Well, audience, I think the time has come!" He says. Everyone responds with a loud cheer. He walks over to the box that has all the competition entries in it. "Okay, and our winner is..." He trails off as he pulls out a piece of paper and everyone in the crowd is hoping that their name is on it. "Y/N L/N!" Everyone cheers and David slaps me on the back. People are congratulating me, but I don't understand. What just happened? I don't realise that I'm walking up the steps of the stage until I reach the top.

"Congratulations, y/n l/n! Are you ready to play a game?" The announcer asks me, pointing the microphone in my direction. Still surprised, I just manage to say, "Sure!" "Well, here are your teammates - or competitors if you prefer!THE PewDiePie, THE Cryaotic and, as a special guest, THE Tobuscus!" Everyone bursts into cheers as Felix, Cry and Toby come out of the curtain that I just realised was covering the back of the stage. The announcer opens a hidden door that leads into the Virtual Reality room. "Well, in you go!" We enter the room, which just had four chairs to sit in. "You can talk to each other for five minutes to figure out who's with or against you, please spend your time wisely." A booming voice from a speaker says to us. "Well, what's your name, hothothot?" asks Toby. I blush and Toby laughs at me. "Her name is y/n, Toby," Felix says, "Are you alright, y/n, you're really red,"He asks concernly. This makes another wave of blush appear on my face as I reply, "Oh, i'm just really, really warm." "Hello, y/n" Cry says to me. His mask makes it hard to see but I think he's smiling. "I'm guessing we all want to be teammates, right?" "Well," Toby says, "It matters which game it is, but I guess so, yeah!" A man with a staff badge walks in. "Hi, i'm Mac.I'm just here to help you into your VR suits," He explains," These will make the experience more, appealing to you." He opens a drawer in the wall that I didn't notice before and takes out four black jumpsuits, four pairs of gloves and a weird mask that "makes you feel like part of the game". He shows us to put them on over our normal clothes and helps us with the masks. "Oh shit, this better not be a specially made Oculus Rift horror game! Those are fahking scary!" Felix says, muffled by the mask. "It's okay Pewds, this time it's multiplayer," I say to him with a smile. "Okay, all you guys need to do is go to a chair, take the microphones on the tables beside them and put them on. Then you can sit down and get ready for the game," explains Mac again. "Are you good with horror games, hothothot?" Toby asks me. This time i'm able to hold back my blush and answer," I'm okay with them, but the jumpscares are fahking scary!" Cry chuckles and says,"Well don't worry y/n, we're here to help. It will be easier multiplayer, friend." With that, we all sit down and get ready. I like Cry. He's nicer than I thought he would be. Toby seems okay, so long as I stop fahking blushing every time he calls me "hothothot". I hope I look okay when i'm in the game, because on the flyer we were told that the screens on the stage show what you can see in the game. "Also, time in the game is longer than outside of the game. You could be in the game for a month but it will only be half an hour in real life."Gosh, I really,really,really hope we are not in a horror game. "Hey, if we get hurt in the game, does it feel realistic?"Pewds asks. "It will be just like real life," Mac points out,"So if you get injured, you will see the injury and feel it. But, it won't affect you in real life." I gulp, and see Cry glance at me in the corner of my eye. I smile reassuringly."The game will be starting in 5 minutes." Says a voice over a speaker. 4....We all sit down and get ready. Pewds squeezes my hand reassuringly and I blush.3....2....1.... I black out.