Emergency

Hiccup's POV

There was a minute left in the game. We started the play and I ran to the 10 yard line and caught the ball. I took off running, if we didn't make this, it would go into overtime. I was at the five yard line when i felt my self getting tackled by the "Red Death." Just before he hit me I threw the ball, in what I hope is the directional the goal line. I felt a sharp pain go up my leg, then I blacked out.

Third Person

Hiccup saw the "Red Death" coming and managed to throw the ball over the goal line just before he got hit. The player had a huge running start so when he ran into tiny little Hiccup, he went flying. Hiccup "flew" about 5 feet in the air before landing, and and you could hear the snap of his leg breaking, when it hit the ground first. You could hear Astrid, his almost-girlfriend, scream, and run on the field, sobbing.

Astrid's POV

"Hiccup, wake up! I swear if you don't wake up..." I started saying, but I couldn't finish as I was totally sobbing by now, hugging the small player I wanted.

"Do yo...you wa..."

"Hiccup! OMG! Do not scare me like that!" I say, crying in relief.

"Want to," he pauses for a breath," to be... be my... gir..." He almost finished but passes out.

"Yes," I cry. I her the ambulance come and let them take Hiccup. Toothless climbs into the back with him, then offers me a hand.

"You're almost family, come on, Toothless says as I take his hand.

Time Skip (In the Emergency Room)

Toothless's POC

I'm standing in the trauma room with Hiccup, who is unconscious, the doctors are working, checking his vitals, stabilizing his leg, which is and open fracture (when the bone comes out, sorry for the gore, but that's all) and examining his head for any injuries. Then, the head surgeon tells others to take him up for a MRI, CT, and an X-Ray. I start to follow but they say I can't come. I try to convince them to let me, but they won't let me. I think they would let me if they knew his identity, but if he heals fine, then we'll stay and he'll want his identity unknown, so I don't tell them. I go out to the waiting room with Astrid instead. I need to call his dad anyway. Out in the waiting room, I see Astrid sobbing. I go over to comfort her, while giving her a hug, I hear,

"He tried to ask me to be his girlfriend. He passed out before he could finish."

"Yeah, he was planning on doing that," I tell her. "He had this whole plan where he would call you out onto the field after the game and ask you, 'Do you want to make me happy and be m'lady?' She smiled when she heard his nickname for her.

"I need to go call Hiccup's dad, okay? I'll be right back. Come get me if a doctor or someone knows something about Hiccup," I tell her, then I take a deep breath before telling the president that his son was seriously injured.

"Hello? Toothless? Is everything okay?" He answered his phone. Well here goes nothing.

"No, not really. Hiccup signed up for football, as you know, and his team made it to the championships. He was about to run across the goal line when a huge player from the other team, someone who was at least four times bigger than Hiccup, rammed into him, and sent Hiccup flying. We're at the Hospital now. In his left leg, he has an open fracture of the fibula and we don't know about the tibia yet. He's getting an MRI, CT and an X-Ray right now. The doctors said that if any nerves are pierced or pushed on the the fracture, they might need to amputate it. " (I don't know if this is right, I'm just trying to somewhat shape it to the story line of HTTYD) Whoo,that was a lot of talking.

"Wait, so Hiccup might get his leg amputated!? I'm coming right now. Don't tell me not to I'm your boss."

"Sir, if you come, Hiccup's identity will be blown. We could possibly, if he gets stable enough, transport him to another country where you can meet, but I don't think it's the best idea for you to come here." I reply, trying to be as respectful as I can. I head him sigh in the other end, knowing I was right, it was to risky to come here. Plus, if he came, so would the press, and Hiccup doesn't need to deal with the press now.

"Okay, but I want you calling me at least once a day, more if something happens, telling me EXACTLY what's happening. Also, I want the doctor to call ME, as in father of his patient/ president of the United States. Both the same person, oh and sworn to secrecy and all."

"Okay, will do. Thank you sir."

"Bye, Toothless."

"Toothless," I hear a small voice say behind me. Uh-oh, I hope she didn't hear much of that.

"Astrid. Is everything okay?" I ask. She shakes her head no.

"The doctor said that the nerve that he needs to control his left foot is crushed, and that the ankle bone is dust, and that his tibia is also broken all the way through. They have to amputate. There taking him up now," she says, starting to cry again.

"Hey, look at me," I say, "Hiccup is strong. He'll make it through this." She nods, then we go back to the waiting room to wait. After about ten minutes, I excuse myself to call Stoick again.

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>

Long chapter. Yay! But sad chapter. Is it to much of a long shot? Losing your leg from football? Please comment and let me know what you think.