First Day of Normal School

Hiccup's POV

I standing outside a classroom with Toothless. I can't believe that I'm actually about to start high school in a school with little security and no press. It's amazing. The principal arrived, and we walked into the classroom with him, taking a deep breath.

"Class, I would like to introduce Henry Hayden. He's new to town and doesn't know anyone, so please try to make him feel welcome," Mr. Haet said. Toothless cleared his throat, noticing he forgot to introduce him, he introduces Toothless.

"Thank you, Mr. Haet, but y'all can call me Hiccup."

We take a seat, and the first think we hear is,

"What type of nickname is Toothless? If you had no teeth I would get it but, you do," a boy with black hair and a little badly shaved beard asked.

"Snotlout, leave them alone, they're new," I hear someone say. I turn around and see a girl with beautiful blue eyes and curly blond hair slapping him. "Hi, I'm Astrid."

"Hi," I say, still a little taken aback by the intensity of her eyes.

"I can show you around if you like. We might even be able to go now I bet," She offers.

"Sure," I say, snapping back into reality.

Astrid's POV

"Why is your name Toothless?" I hear Snotlout ask. What a dumb ass.

"Snotlout, leave them alone they're new," I say while slapping him. I realize that's it's they're the boys I saw on the street yesterday, and decided to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Astrid," I say, trying to sound calm. Wow, his eyes are REALLY green. He seems to be a little confused so I offer to show him around.

"Sure," he replies, as he snaps back into reality. We go up to ask the teacher, who lets us, since it's Homeroom, which is basically "do the homework you didn't do" time.

We tour the school. I show him the cafeteria, the classrooms where his classes will be, the gym, library, commons and the front office. It's time for first period, which we both have History for. I say, "Let's go," but I get stopped after a second.

"Umm, do you think you could show me where my locker is first?" I hear Hiccup ask. I mentally face palm. Duh.

"Yeah, sorry about that, it's over here," I say as a guide him through the hall.

Time Skip (After History class)

Wow. Hiccup is smart. He knew the answer to all the questions, and corrected the teacher. Twice. He must really like American history. I have Math now and Hiccup has Spanish.

Hiccup's POV

History class was easy. But then again, I have been tutored in all the subjects since my dad was in politics. So basically my whole life. I have Spanish now. It says Spanish 3 but I want to ask about the highest Spanish class, I mean my Spanish is just about fluent. Mane I could take French instead. I'll go to the principal and as after this class.

Another Time Skip (Spanish class is over)

It's lunchtime now. I'm walking to the cafeteria with some boys in my Spanish class, Snotlout, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs, explaining present progressive.

"Okay, we're at lunch now. No more Spanish please?" Snotlout begs.

"Fine," I say, giving up defeated. We get our food, then I follow them to a table where Astrid and another girl are sitting.

"Hi Astrid," I say. "Who's this?" I ask, going over to the other girl holding out my hand.

"I'm Ruffnut," the girl says, "Tuffnut's twin."

"Ohh, I thought you looked familiar."

"So, Hiccup, where are you from? Your Spanish is really good," Fishlegs asks me.

"Um," I start. I haven't thought about it.

"We're from Washington D.C." I hear Toothless reply. Whoo, never doubt a Secret Service Agent to come up with a story on the spot. Wait, that's not a story!?

"Toothless, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure." we get up and go into the now empty hallway.

"That's not a story! That's way to obvious!!" I start. I really want to be able to finish this, I don't want my identity known on the first day.

"It's better to have some truth in this, it'll seem less suspicious, now listen, your dad is still there working in the White House, he's the Head of Staff, which he technically is, we'll just say it as, employer more or less. You wanted to get away from the city so you moved out here. That's close enough to the truth that it'll be easy to say believability, but far enough that your identity will be hidden. Got it?"

"Yeah, thanks."

We go back in and tell them. then I excuse myself to talk to the principal about sports.

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<

Do you like it so far? Please let me know :-) :-{ < mustache