Chapter Five

A/N- SUP GUYS!!! SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY, I  JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE DOING ANYTHING, AND TODAY I HAD TO BABYSIT, SO YEA - ONTO THE STORY!!!!!!

********************************************NIALL'S POV

"Lou, Avery's, and your dad is-"

Louis shook his head "No, no, no." his eyes were tearing up.

"Dead." As the word left my mouth, I couldn't believe it myself. It was odd, we were just in Avery's room, and he looked fine, then all of a sudden he had a heart attack, and couldn't be revived.

"I don't know how to tell Avery." I told him. It was true, I mean the girl just woke up, in a hospital, because she fainted. This really wasn't going to be easy.

"I can't tell her." Lou whispered.

I understood, if my dad died I wouldn't be able to tell my brother, it would be too hard for me to admit that he's gone.

"Alright, I'll tell her." I said while putting my hand on the doorknob. I twisted the it and walked in.

"Hey, Niall, where's Louis?" Avery asked standing by her clothes drawer.

"Avery, you might wanna sit down for this." She gave me a weird look, but sat down in the chair next to me anyways.

I took her hand in mine; it was hard to look her in her bright blue/grey eyes, but somehow I managed to do so. She didn't pull her hand away or look down or anything else, she just sat there and waited for me to say something.

"Ave's, after we walked out of your room, your dad had a heart attack. We called for a nurse, but by the time they got there... it was too late, he couldn't be revived."

Her eyes immediately filled with tears. She walked over to her bed, grabbed pillows, and blankets from it, and threw them as hard as she could at the doors, windows, the telly, vases, and hospital equipment. Her tears rolled down her checks, and clouded her eyes.

I walked up to her from behind, and wrapped my arms around hers, with her hands in fists clenched tight by her chest. I turned her around, and she sobbed into my hoodie, with her hands, still in fists, on my chest . Her crying was softened by my bear hug, and she pulled her arms around me, and hugged me tightly while I hugged her back.

We stayed like this for ten minuets, just hugging, until I inched toward to edge of the bed to sit down. She looked up at me with bright crystal blue puffy eyes, and tears still rolling down her checks.

"What -  sniff - are you - sniff - doing - sniff -?"

"I was just going to sit down, is that okay?" I asked her. She nodded. She let go of me as if that's what I wanted her to do, which ,to be honest, it wasn't.

"You don't have to stop hugging me." I sat down, and she nodded her head, saying she didn't want to stop hugging me.

She came over to me, but instead I flipped my legs over the edge of the bed, sitting up, and pulled her into my lap, wrapped my arms tightly around her and hugged her. She did the same except she rested her cheek on my shoulder.

She started shivering, so I took off my hoodie, and gave it to her. On her it was over-sized, but it was cute. She took her hand, that was wrapped in the hoodie, and wiped the tears from her eyes.

We just lied there, hugging for what seemed like hours, until she spoke.

"Why are you comforting me?"

I didn't know what to say, why was I doing this? Did I have feelings for Avery?

"Because a beautiful girl like you shouldn't cry, alone." It was true, no girl should ever cry alone if there is a guy around, even if she tells him to go away.

"I hate to break it to you, but I'm not beautiful, or even the least bit pretty." She said between sniffles.

"From what I can see, that's a filthy lie." I told her. I kissed the top of her head, hugged her tighter, and pulled her closer to me. Avery continued to cry into my chest, and I did what I had been doing since I first wrapped my arms around her, I comforted her.

And in that moment I realized, I did have feelings for Avery.