Unexpected Visitor

(I own nothing! I just love Adventure Time, especially Fiona and Cake. You definitely need previous knowledge of Adventure Time and Fionna and Cake for this to make any sense This is my first story on here, first fan fiction. I'm still working out the bugs, enjoy :)

"It's knife storming again???"I rub my eyes; getting out of bed to sound of a ratting on the roof.

Cake rolls out of bed to the floor, "Seems like it baby girl." She shakes out her white and orange fur, puffing out her tail. "Another 'stay at home' day.What do you want to do today?"

I put my face into my pillow, groaning, "I don't know," I sigh, "we've been trapped inside for 3 days now, we've done everything!"

"Well I'm gonna go make us some breakfast anyway. Come down when you decide to be fun." Cake stretches down the ladder to the kitchen, leaving me with my empty mind.

I roll over onto my back, throwing the covers off the bed. I moan and groan, swinging my legs over the side of the bed into standing position. My feet are warm against the cool, worn down spot before my bed. Tossing off the big t shirt I wore to bed, I slowly pull on my usual dark blue skirt and light blue shirt over my head. Next my over-the-knee high white socks are pulled on and I slip into my favorite black shoes. With my bunny hat already on my head, I grab my green backpack and slide down the ladder to the smell of eggs emanating from the kitchen.

"Good morning, sunshine." Cake condescends, filling two plates with scrambled eggs. I plop down into my usual spot and immediately pour the awaiting ketchup over my eggs and shove a forkful into my mouth, chewing slowly, my eyes drooping. "Wake up!" Cake shouts, startling the eggs off my fork.

I try to clear the fog from my head, "I am awake, I'm just already bored!" I slump down into my chair till my head flops over the back rest.

"We could play BMO." She insists.

"We did that all yesterday." My head drops down to the table.

"We can count the treasure!"

"That's even more boring than doing nothing." I shovel another forkful in my mouth.

"We can play hide and go seek" the walls whisper.

I jump and reach into my pack and pull out my retractable crystal sword, pointing it around the room. Cake arches her back and doubles her size.

"Chill." Marshall Lee materializes from the opposite side of the room, leaning up against the wall, his black hair hanging in his face. He floats over and hangs right above our table, "So I hear you got the day pretty much packed, eh?" he begins to pick at my eggs.

I can feel the blush spread across my cheekbones, "How long have you been here?!" I push him away from my food.

"Hmm, how long has it been storming?" he laughs.

"Ugh!" I shove him into a wall, knocking him to the floor, "Get out, creep."

A smile is still present on his face, "Hey, it's not my fault. I was on my way over here to hang but then it started storming." he defends.

"So you decided to creep around our house without us knowing??" Cake chimes in, paws on her hips.

He stands up and brushes himself off, "Yeah, pretty much."

Cake opens her mouth to scold again but her ears perk up instinctively, "Hey, it sounds like it's letting up," Cake says glancing out the window. She focuses up again, "time for you to go." she starts ushering him towards the door.

I look over my shoulder to see the knifes actually letting up outside, not storming but still cloudy; almost instantaneously the hallo-phone starts beeping. I reach over to pick it up, "Hello?" I answer and Gumball's face projects.

"Hi, Fionna. I need your help in the Candy Kingdom, the knife storm really caused some damage here. Can you come help?"

I look over to Cake and Marshall, Marshall half out the door and Cake by his side but both looking at me. "Uh, yeah, be right over. Bye." I hang up quickly, not looking up at either of them. "Come on Cake." I grab my backpack off the table and walk towards the door where Marshall has backed out onto the grass.

"Can I tag along?" he asks while I jump onto Cake's back.

Cake and I give each other a side long glance.

He floats up beside me, "Come on, I can be helpful; plus Gumball will probably be really excited to see me." he can't help but laugh, and neither can I, remembering their last encounter.

(Cake and I had thrown a party at the tree house and Gumball and Marshall were invited along with a ton of others. we were all partying and stuff when I heard a shout; I followed it and found Gumball in the kitchen with a big damp spot on his shirt and Marshal standing by not looking very sorry. "it won't even stain! I drank all the red from it, it's basically water." Marshall scoffed. Needless to say Gumball still stormed out, mumbling to himself.)

"Yeah, he'll be ecstatic." I laugh looking back.

Cake starts running towards the Candy kingdom, but he soon catches up, "I can make it up to him if I help you guys, maybe." he hops on behind me, and I don't protest, knowing I won't win.