rose

I rushed to my locker when school had ended. I wanted the day to end. I wanted to go home. I wanted to curl up under a blanket and die. There were tears going down my face as I gathered my stuff. I grabbed the note from my locker and the rose. The rose didn't have any thorns, so I easily carried it.

I folded the note up and put it in my pocket like any other day and carried the rose. "Aww, who gave that to you? Your boyfriend?" A jock asked. I rolled my eyes. "GUYS! FAG HEMMINGS HAS A BOYFRIEND!" he yelled. "Oh wait, you can't ever get a boyfriend. You aren't good enough." He said. Lots of people were laughing and calling me names. That's when he pulled the rose and stomped on it. Several times. I stared at the crushed rose before shaking my head and walking away.

I got in my car, trying to ignore the people around me, including Calum, who was trying to help me and make sure I was okay. According to him. He just wanted to get close to me. He wanted to find things out about me and tell everyone.

That's why the hell he would care to talk to someone like me.

When I got home, i took the note out and unfolded it.

Luke

I hope you aren't allergic to flowers or anything. Sorry if you are.

You talked to me yesterday. But I saw something I didn't like. The people at school are mean to you. I don't like that.

I won't ever be mean to you luke. Okay? You don't deserve it. You didn't do anything. To anyone. And I'm sorry they're so jealous of you. I wish I could change it. Just, stay strong.

You laughed in one of our classes. It was cute. I like your laugh. And I like the way you look when you laugh. You're so pretty Luke. Don't forget that.

I love you.

-your secret admirer xx

It actually made me smile. I wiped my tears. It was all gonna be okay. I was gonna be okay. Everything was gonna be okay.

My mom knocked on the door before peeking her head in. "Dinners ready" she told me. I nodded.

"What's that?" She asked, gesturing towards the note in my hand. I sighed. "Nothing." I said. She shook her head and pulled it out of my head.

I was red the whole time she read it and for a good while after she finished. "That's so cute!" She exclaimed. I groaned as she took it to my dad. My dad smiled. "That's adorable." He said. I rolled my eyes as he handed it back to me. I took it upstairs and to my room. I pulled out my box and put it in there. My box was my personal memories and stuff. From high school.

I smiled and put the box away.