pick up

After I dropped Calum off at school the next day, I decided to go shopping. I had to be out of the house for eight hours, at least. Same with tomorrow, and Friday.

I drove to the mall, sighing before getting out of the car. The worst thing was getting up early, pretending I was going to school, and not actually going to school. There was one thing worse than that; not knowing if Cal was okay. What if people were being mean to him? What if they upset him?

I tried not to think about it as I walked in. I wasn't exactly sure what to buy but I found myself in the middle of a stuffed animal section of a shop just minutes later. I was surrounded by bears, turtles, rabbits, hedgehogs, everything. I decided to get Calum a large stuffed unicorn.

Calum loved unicorns, and he loved stuffed animals. So he had to like this. The lady smiled at me. She looked like she was just out of high school, with long light brown hair and blue eyes. She was pale, and she had light makeup on and a nose ring. She was pretty, but I wasn't into her because I liked dicks. So when she winked at me and asked for my number I told her I was gay and apologized. She sighed. "It's fine." She smiled.

I felt kind of bad, but what could I do? Magically poof myself straight? Sometimes I wish I could. Sometimes I wish I could be straight and fit in and be... Normal. Sometimes I wished I wasn't gay, sometimes in wished I liked girls. Sometimes I wished I wasn't alive.

I sighed before looking at the scars and cuts on my arms. Having nothing else to do, I went to a clothes store and got Calum a couple band shirts, some bracelets, and a blink 182 hoodie.

The dude at the register smiled when he rang up the things I had picked. "Nice music taste" he commented. "Thanks." I smiled. He looked at one of the shirts before looking at me. "Just so you know, this green day shirts almost exactly like yours" he gestured towards my shirt.

I smiled. "Its not for me." I mumbled. "Oh. Who's it for?" He asked, making me blush more. "Um, my um, boyfriend." I mumbled quietly. "Oh" he said before ringing up the shirt, sticking it in the bag, and telling me my total of $80.45. I paued and walked out.

I wanted to distract myself the best I could so I didn't think about things like wanting to be straight or being extremely upset at the moment. I didn't really have anything to do, but I still had 5 hours until Calum got out of school. I couldn't go home for at least 5 hours. So I had to find something to do.

I ended up thinking about Calum, but stopped when I started getting a little too excited. I was worried about him. Really worried. What if, since I wasn't there, he got picked on,bullied? What if they hit him?

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rang. Without even looking at it, my stomach dropped and I got a bad feeling. That feeling was only deepened when I picked up my phone, checked who was calling, and saw Calums name. I answered immediately.

"Cal?" I asked. I heard a sniffle. "L- Luke." He cried. "Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, walking towards the exit quickly. "They- they- I'm in the bathroom. Can you come get me?" He cried. I threw my bags in the trunk of the car and got in, starting it. "I'm on my way baby" I told him. "Th- thank you so much" he sniffled. "Any time." I answered.

"I gotta drive. I'll be there soon. If you need anything call me." I told him. "O- okay." He said. "I love you." I said. "Love you too." He said before hanging up. I put my phone down and sped up, wanting to get there as soon as possible.

It seemed to take hours, but it only took 15 minutes. I texted him and told him I was there and a few minutes later, he came out of the building, holding his bag and everything. He climbed into the passenger seat, throwing his stuff in the back. I started driving and noticed he was crying, so I pulled over. "Come here Calum" I said. He looked at me, before he climbed into my lap, crying into my chest. I rubbed circles onto his back and having my other arm wrapped around his shaking body.

"Baby, what happened?" I asked. He sighed and looked at me. "They- they called me fat and ugly and worthless. They told me to kill myself and do the world a favor" he sobbed. "Calum" I said, wrapping my arm tighter around him.

A few minutes later, he looked at me. "Luke?" He asked. "hmm?" I asked. "Would you be happier if I was dead?" He asked. "Of course not." I told him, kissing his forehead gently. It hurt to know he could think like that.

"You're my universe Calum. I'd die if you did. " I admitted, kissing his forehead again.

"I love you" I added.

Sorry its so sad. My rowyso concert was last night and now I have pcd.

Michael did the howdy y'all song at my concert omg

Love you xx