Strider?

"Jake! Your bus will be here soon!" Jade yelled from the kitchen. I quickly wiped my face with a towel and placed on my glasses. Before I left I took a quick look in the mirror and winked at myself. Looking charming as always! "JAKE!" Jade yelled once again.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I quickly left the bathroom and head towards the kitchen. I quickly stopped in my tracks as a short girl with circle rimmed glasses and black hair stood before me. She held a lunch bag and my backpack infront of me. "Good Mornin' Jade!" I greeted and patted her head. Jade gave a cheery smile.

"Good morning Jake! Your bus will-" she was interrupted by a honk outside. She quickly gave me my things. "Is here! Hurry up before they leave you!" She panicked as she began pushing me towards the door. I chuckled.

"Alright, alright. I hope you have a good day at school as well. If anyone messes with you, you let them know you're cousin English will take care of that!" I reminded. Jade rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, I know! Now get going!" She scolded. I nodded and left the house. The bus beeped even more until they saw me in view. I reached the bus and climbed on aboard. The bus began moving before I could get in my seat. Luckily my seat was up front so I landed in it as usual.

Looks like no whispers again today! I have a feeling today is gonna be rather splendid! The bus pulled off and I found myself looking out the window to my right. Suddenly the bus came to a halt making me almost hit my face against the seat. I looked out the window to see a guy with anime black glasses and interesting hair. He was wearing a white short sleeved shirt with orange rimmed on the collar and edges, followed by black pants.

The bus broke out in loud whispers and I just watched as the stranger got closer to the bus. The teen stopped and looked in my direction. I gave a small wave only to be given a frown. There goes my confidence. The boy made his way onto the bus and sat in the same seat as me. I widened my eyes surprised and gave a weak smile. "Hello! My names Jake English. Um... Are you new? I don't recall you riding this bus before-" I trailed off when the teen turned his head towards me.

"Hello English, I'm Strider. You already have pissed me off. Now shut the fuck up and things will run smoothly." He replied in his low voice. Oh my... What did I even do? I chuckled nervously and stared out the window for a distraction. I couldn't help but stare at Strider's reflection on the glass. I noticed how he had quite the muscle tone, but not too much. Boy! This fellow is not someone people should toy with. I continued to watch through the window until I heard a low growl. "Stop. Staring." I jumped and quickly looked down at my lap.

It only took a couple minutes to arrive at the school. As soon as the bus stopped Strider stood up. I noticed how everyone waited for Strider to get off the bus before they got up themselves. I waited for everyone to get off before taking my leave. "Why in the world do people act that way around him? Who is he?" I wondered out loud as I stepped off the bus.

"Jake! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. I turned to see Jane waiting by the highschool doors waving her arm. I smiled brightly and quickly walked up to her.

"Goodmornin' Jane! Having a bright day so far?" I asked happily. Finally someone who can brighten my day! Jane nodded.

"Yes! I saw the funniest thing this morning on my way to school! Hoo hoo!" Jane giggled and lead the way inside. "How was your bus ride?" She asked. I scratched the back of my head nervously. She noticed my action and gave me a concerned look.

"Well, there was this new lad that got on the bus. He sat next to me and told me directly that I pissed him off. I don't even know what I did!" I replied confused once again. Jane stopped at her locker and worked on her combination.

"Maybe he was having a bad day? What's his name?" She asked finally getting it open and shoving books in. I waited till she was done and shut her locker.

"Well... I don't know if it was his name because it's quite odd. Maybe it's his last name.... Strider?" I informed. Jane widened her eyes then nodded. I gave her a suspicious look as I lead her towards my locker. "What was that look for?" She gave a nervous laugh.

"Oh! Just that I didn't think you would actually talk to Dirk so freely! He's real close to Roxy, well because I think they are cousins." Jane replied. "Though, All I know is not to get on Dirk's bad side." Dirk? Dirk Strider. Interesting indeed.

So I don't know if I already said so, but I was debating wheather to make a fic of this ship. I'll try to update as soon as I can. (Mostly I just need to be motivated to do so bc I have alot of free time and tend to stall) The description part comes next chapter and fyi, I'm sooooo sorry this is so short!!! The chapters will become longer I promise!!

Okay I'm done wasting your time now.
~ Selena Callow