Chapter 16

A/N

Alright, so here we are, at Kristen's potential downfall. What do you guys think will happen?

I know you guys think this is depressing for Kristen, but good will come, as it always does. She may seem miserable now, but she'll soon figure out being happy with what life deals you is so much easier than being miserable because of it. :)

_________________________________________________________________________

I walked to the bar, crying.

"Straight shot." I said. This time the bartender didn't ignore me. He quickly poured the alcohol.

"Bottoms up." I muttered.

"NO!" Kim screamed, running toward me, when she happened to glace up at me.

It was too late though. The alcohol I had taken was strong, I didn't even know what kind of liquor he had poured for me. Whatever it was, it was powerful.

I collapsed on sight, my vision nearly blacking out, and I could no longer hear anything. My mind went blank, I couldn't think. I hope nobody was too mad at me later... I wasn't trying to hurt people, I promise. Why did I take the shot? I have no idea. Was it a mistake? Probably, but in this moment, I couldn't care less.

*Kim pov*

I was angry beyond belief.

I was talking to a few junior who had started up a conversation with me, when I happen to look over, and see Kristen holding a shot glass.

"NO!" I screamed, running for her. My goal was to make it to her before the alcohol reached her lips. But I was too late.

She drained the glass, and collapsed on sight. The party raged on, not many people noticing her. A few people looked concerned.

"Is she alright?" someone asked, it was Jason, friend of Drake.

"No, go get Hayden, Ryan, and Ryan's older brother Aaron for me. Now." I ordered, and he scrambled off, trying to find them.

I dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My friend, Kristen, just took a pure shot, and she collapsed on sight."

"What's your location?" I gave her the address.

"We'll have medics over there immediately." and the line disconnected. I looked up, realizing these people could not see what was going on. I had to stop the party.

I ran downstairs, and yelled at Kameron and Noah to kill the music, which they did.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, THERE'S A GIRL UPSTAIRS WHO JUST PASSED OUT, AND IF ANY OF THE EMERGENCY OFFICIALS SEE THE ALCOHOL, WE ARE ALL GOING TO PRISON. WHICH MEANS GET YOUR ASSES UPSTAIRS AND COVER ALL TRAILS OF ALCOHOL."

The basement broke into chaos. Not that I cared at the moment. I ran back upstairs and gave the same lecture to the people who were on the main floor, who were a little more organized than people downstairs. The bartender and everyone else began hiding away alcohol, trying to cover our trail up. I brought Kristen outside, so hopefully the paramedics wouldn't come inside.

Ryan, Aaron, and Hayden ran up to me on my way out the door.

"What happened?" Hayden asked.

"She took a shot, and she's intoxicated to the point where she fainted. Hopefully it wasn't enough to kill her. There's an ambulance on the way, and I'm trying to cover for everyone else here. Ryan, Aaron, I want you two to stay here and take care of the party. When emergency officials leave, and you're sure they're gone, start the party back up again, and just keep an eye out for a potential threat. Hayden, you're coming with me to the hospital."