Chapter 9

A/N

Alright, so we're entering the next part of the story. My neck really hurts at this point, as I have been typing for a good two hours now. I seriously have no life, but hey, that's alright, I'm on spring break, so I'm taking a BREAK from my social life. xD ah well.

There probably won't be a picture of anyone in this chapter...sorry y'all!

____________________________________________________________________________

I had woken up on both Sunday and this morning still upset. There was no cure for me, at least until something changed.

I didn't look like myself today either. I was wearing dark-tan khaki booty shorts, another tube-top long sleeve t-shirt, and purple converse. I had straightened my hair and put it in a pony tail. As for make up, I didn't put on any face serum, just heavier eyeliner and mascara. There were dark circles under my eyes, as if I hadn't slept in weeks, but really, it was from crying.

I was sitting in Starbucks with Kim, who was trying to cheer me up. Or at least boost my self esteem.

"Listen, screw what your parents think about you. Hun, you're not a slut, nor are you a bitch."

"It's not that I think I am one, it's that they think that, and they barely even know me..." I whispered.

"Listen. I want you to go to Drake's this afternoon." I lifted my head at this in surprise. What was she saying?

"You're giving me permission to go to his house?" I asked, still confused.

"I want you to go there and meet his family. They are some of the sweetest people you'll meet. I've met them at school events before." she said, with an 'obviously' tone.

"Alright...I'll tell him I'm going.." I said, with a slight smile on my face.

"You two should just start dating already.." she mumbled. I just stared at her.

"What do you mean?" I said, now suspicious.

"You two seem to be flirting left and right. Everybody in the school is seeing it but you two. You're making the school sluts jealous, as well as Cooper. Come on, you guys would be cute together."

"I don't know...what if he's just playing me?" I asked, now nervous about this whole situation.

"If he was playing you, I don't think he would have stuck up for you the other night, and if he is, I'm going to personally drag him to hell." she said. I just laughed at the visual image of that. Oh dear..

"Now, I want you to enjoy the rest of the day. There's no reason not to." she said, serious all of the sudden.

"How do you think everyone will react?" I asked abruptly, taking a drink of my Mocha Frappuccino.

"I doubt it's a big deal hun. Everybody is obsessing over you. Guys are drooling over you, and girls are jealous of your beauty and near perfection." I cringed slightly. Then she realized what she said.

"Sorry.." she mumbled.

"It's fine, and do you really think that?" I asked, hopeful this time.

"Honey, it's obvious that's what's going on. Your oblivious to all of this!"

"Oh.." I said, looking down at my drink.

"Now lets get to school before we're late." she said, pulling me away from my chair.

When we got to school, I left Kim, telling her I wanted to go to my locker, and just contemplate things. Which is exactly what I was planning to do.