Chapter 22-Dominos

Start from the beginning

My eyes instantly noticed a long sleeve white lace top in the very back of the store. I ran towards it to only find one of it and in my size. It must be destiny. It was paired with light wash jeans which I didn't like. I trailed around the jeans trying to find something until I accidentally walked into the skirts section. I walked into a table that had tons of skater skirts in various colors. I immediately grabbed the dark green skirt. The shirt and skirt cost a total of fifty dollars. I still had thirty dollars left so I figured I purchase new shoes to go along with it. I ended up picking out white flats and a gold necklace to spice up my look.

The cashier was an old lady. She looked pulled back when she saw my clothes. I really did look terrible.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked in full on concern.

"I'm fine." I insisted.

She smiled back at me, but I knew she still was concerned for my well being.

"Twenty dollars."

"What? It's supposed to be seventy-five dollars."

"It's twenty dollars, sweetie."

"You really don't have to do this," I said graciously.

"It's fine sweetie."

I handed her the twenty dollars. I felt really bad that she was giving me all this for a fraction of the cost.

"I'm sorry to ask for any more, but do you think I can change into these clothes in the dressing room," I asked nervously.

She nodded and unlocked the dressing room door for me. I took off my paint stained clothes which made me feel revived. I looked over at the mirror to see my new outfit. It looked like a million dollars. I felt amazing. I felt worth something. I walked out of the dressing room to find the women waiting outside it for me. I could've sworn her mouth dropped when she saw me. Who knew humans could be so generous?

I began walking towards Aiden's house. I threw my old clothes into the first trash can that I could spot. I walked on the other side of the road than I came on. I noticed a hair salon that was open. My hair could use some work and I did have extra money thanks to that lady. I walked in only to be astonished by their prices. They were so low that it was unreal.

"What would you like me to do with your hair?"

"I want something new. Any ideas?"

"Plenty." The man replied.

I was in the salon for an hour. My hair was beautiful. The man dyed it a darker brunette color as well as adding angles to the front. He placed my silky revived hair into a sleek high ponytail.

I shouldn't have been thinking of Lucas except I was. I craved his touch. I wanted him to see my new look. I wanted him to see the new me.

I walked into Aiden's home to find him snoring on the couch. How could he still be sleeping? I walked over to him and touched his shoulder. He must've thought I was an intruder. His eyes opened instantly. He was very on edge on something.

"I'm sorry to wake you. I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving."

Aiden looked stunned that I was leaving.

"It's fine. I was hardly sleeping anyway."

"That's why you were snoring insanely loud." I giggled.

Aiden pulled himself out of bed to give me a big hug.

"If you ever need a place to go. You're always welcomed here. Okay?""

"Thank you, Aiden." I smiled while giving him another hug.