First Breed

"Don't you see what he's doing, Samana?"

  "What? Who?" Asked Samana, brushing her hair with her fingers. Bichop sighed. She really was stupid.

  "What John was doing. Didn't you see the look in his eyes? And all those questions he was asking? He has gone to find the Great One, find the labratory, and get turned into a human again!" Samana stopped brushing. She looked at Bichop with fear.

  "We've got to follow him! He'll die! He doesn't realize..." She didn't finish her sentence and raced to the door, but Bichop held her back.

  "We can't just run up to him. We have to follow him. Slowly. He can't see us until the right moment." Samana puffed. 

  "Fine," She muttered, blowing a piece of hair out of her face, then her annoyed expression turned into a worried one. She looked out the window with concern. "I just don't want him to get hurt."

  Bichop smiled. "You care for him, don't you?"

  "No!" Cried Samana, much too quickly and her voice much too high. "No way." Bichop put on his thinking face.

  "You know what, Samana," He muttered, "I think you should stay here."

  "What? No! I need to come, Bichop!" Screamed Samana. "I'm coming with you, no matter what."

  "Oh, come on," complained Bichop. "You'll just slow me down."

  "I don't care what you do to me," whispered Samana in her most threatening voice. "I'm coming with you. It's my choice, not yours." She looked crazy with her half-brushed hair and her threatening look. Bichop decided to just give in.

  "Whatever." Bichop shook his head, pushing Samana aside and racing out the door.

  Samana knew this was going to be a hard trip.