First Breed

Stop.

  Just stop, I plead you.

  You don't understand. This is hurting me. You murderer! My family is being killed all around me. I will give anything to make you stop.

  AAARRRGGGHHH! PLEASE STOP! I WILL GIVE MY SANITY FOR THIS PAIN TO END! YOU CRUELLY LAUGH AND ACT AS IF THIS IS GOOD, THIS TORTURE, THIS PAIN! THIS PAIN INFLICTED ON ME IS GOOD FOR HUMANITY? WELL, I AM NOT HUMAN!

  Not anymore.

  You inject needles into my spine that cause my body to split apart and morph. My love lays as blood and rags on the ground, scattered with bloody limbs and brains of my family.

  My brain is split apart, and I scream. How am I alive? Maybe I'm not. Or maybe I am, but I am insane, and none of this is really happening. Maybe I am imagining all this pain in a disturbing dream.

  My brown hair is ripped from my scalp with one mighty tug, my skin is peeled from my body and drifts onto the floor, making a cannibal's carpet. My flesh is on fire and my eyes are gouged from my face.

  One voice is heard in my ears, ringing like a bell. "Santa Lea!" It echoes. Then I scream and realize it was my own voice, calling my lover's name. Then the world is gone.

  #^$##%$@??><%^*%! A voice called an unfarmiliar toungue, the tone hinting desperation. My eyes flit open. there was a woman with slimy-looking pale blue skin, transparent so that I could see her pink, yellow and green insides, which consisted of jiggly round balls, floating around on a pale, bubbling substance. She had no eyes, but could obviously see me. I looked down at myself. I was opaque, and pink and blue veins ran along my entire body, long veins and short veins. My legs were blue stumps with circular feet, no toes. I looked at my chest with a surprisingly flexible neck, and saw a blue swirling whirlpool that I had a feeling was my heart. I looked up at the woman, who had suddenly stood up. She was doing some kind of hand motion that was vaguely farmiliar to me, but I couldn't remember much since my brain was split apart. Then I remembered--Santa Lea-

  "Santa! It's you!" I cried, embracing my true love. She held me close and said words of love in her unfarmiliar language. Then she made a strange gurgling sound, and only after I saw her being dragged away by her species did I realize it was a scream. "Santa! No!" I screamed, trying to run after her, but other animals that looked like me grabbed my arms and tried to drag me away from Santa. "SANTA!! NO! SAAAAAAANTAAAAAAA!!"

  The world disappeared again.