First Breed

I woke up to find my species huddled around me. I screamed, a high pitch yelp that sounded unnatural. "Hey, hey, it's alright," said a tall one of John's species, who were a little smaller than humans. "Welcome to the Bilatrin clan. I'm your leader, Bichop. What shall I call you, new one?"

"John Lapido," I muttered. "Listen, I have to get out of here. I can't remember anything, I've fainted twice today, my fiance's somewhere-- I need to find her-"

"Whoah, whoah, slow down, Brother John. Your fiance will never be found, trust me. My girlfriend was taken as a Corobite, and I've never seen her since. And it is Bilatrin nature to faint often, don't worry. This species has been around for thousands of years, and we all got here the same way, all with the same symptoms. You can't remember anything besides the last thing you thought about, you faint a lot, blah blah blah... but you will get used to it, Brother John. Do not try to run away. You will be killed." Whoah.That guy could read my mind. "Yes, I can read your mind. Only the strongest of Bilatrin can accomplish that feat." He sounded proud. He must be very vain. Wait, don't think that, he can read your mind. The Bilatrin laughed, a low throaty laugh, then helped me up. "Hear this, my brothers and sisters-- Brother John has entered our territory! He shall feast among us, laugh among us, speak among us as one of us!" The Bilatrin cheered. Just then a joyous yelping was heard, and everyone went quiet. Four Bilatrin came into the clearing with some kind of animal in their arms. It was yellow, had a round head that was so huge two Bilatrin had to carry it, with what looked like ten or fifteen tentacles. Two small eyes peered unseeingly ahead, and there was a hole in the animal, oozing green goo that was it's blood.

"Ah, food," said Bichop, rubbing his veiny stomach. "I've been getting hungry." Bichop and John walked down the slope they were on to the Bilatrin crowding around the strange animal. Bichop stepped forward. "Brothers and sisters!" He cried. "Let us feed on this mighty Lecalec, who has given- wait, is it a boy or a girl?" A Bilatrin looked at the top of the Lecalec's head and said,

"A female, sir."

"What?" Screamed Bichop. "Well then throw it's carcas in the river! A female we cannot eat."

"Why?" asked John, who was getting hungry.

"Because females aren't good enough," he replied gruffly. "And what a disappointment, I was hungry. Brother Josh! Collect a male!"

"Yes, sir," replied a short and stocky Bilatrin, motioning to his men, leading them into the forest. 

  "Yes, sir," replied a Bilatrin, grabbing John with strong arms. John struggled, but failed. The Bilatrin covered John's eyes and led him into the forest, and when John could open his eyes again, he had no idea where he was and how to get back to camp. But John had secretly traced his footsteps, so he knew the general direction of where to get back. "I'll just leave you there for a few days," mumbled the Bilatrin Beren. "Try to find your way back. If you don't come back, we'll look for you, don't worry, but we won't look long. I'm sorry. Bichop is a crazy, sexist, power-loving monster." John nodded, trying to look glum, but as soon as the Bilatrin left he put on his thinking face, and tried to remember which way to go. One wrong turn could lead him to certain death in this forest. John headed right, crosswise, through a patch of grass he remembered going through, and soon saw the clearing. He ran into it, facing Bichop, who was staring at him, obviously thinking, how the hell did he make his way out of there so fast? "Hey, Bichop, what kind of camp are you running here? I could have died in that forest, and that's subtle punishment?"

  "Yes," John looked all around him, and saw men motioning to the women, making them hurry, slapping their butts as they pass, and eating food off the trays they were carrying around. All the men were sitting down, and the women were serving them.

  "Why are they so much skinnier than the men?" asked John.

  "Because we feed them less. The women just eat the scraps that the men finish eating." Said Bichop matter-of-factly.

  "Wow," said John, "You, my friend, need some serious therapy, because you are messed up."