Just Because, Part 9

Thought that this chapter shout be deicated to my best friend, who happens to be my trixie in real life....expect shes not called trixie...and most of this hasnt happened to me....  Mainly because she just lives too far away, and i just happen to be visiting her soon. :p

****************************************************************************************************

"Open up, open up, open up!" A voice shouted in a worried tone.

"I'm coming!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs towards the door. I swung the door open to see a worried Trixie standing there with her travel bags and big watery eyes. "Oh God Trixie!" I ran towards her bringing in to a hug. "What happened?"

"T-t-t-they're on there way!" She broke down crying in my arms.

"Come on lets get you inside." I picked up her bags and showed her to the front room, where my mum was. She dropped the coffee she was holding and rushed over to me and Trixie.

"Are you alright sweetie?" My mum asked worried "Do you need anything? Like a drink or something to eat?"  Before either of us could answer she ran out the room to the kitchen.

I handed her tissues and grabbed the cookies from the side. "Do you want to talk about it now or late." Trixie grabbed a handful of cookies and began to stuff them in her mouth.

"Well Max's parents started to hear the rumors that people at school where spreading. I mean people all around town are talking about it." She broke down crying again. "And they called the police." She quietly said trying to calm down. "And they're trying to find you."

I froze on the spot with my jaw hanging open. I felt like I was frozen for hours. I was brought back down to earth with the sound of coffee cups crashing on the ground.

"Did I just hear that right Elisa?" My mum looked at me gobsmacked, holding a now empty tray. "Did she just say the police is after you?" Her voice was all shaky, just like the rest of her.

"Mother! Don't worry about it." I ran over to my mum taking the tray out her hand and placing it on the small table next to the sofa. "Go clean up this mess, get yourself a new warm yummy coffee, and don't drop this one." I gave her a quick hug. "Don't worry, I'll find out what she's on about." I whispered quietly so Trixie couldn't hear.

 We spent a few hours up stairs talking, trying to calm her down enough to talk about the whole police thing, when my mum came back up stairs. "Honey, Danny is here to see you." Trixie's eyes lit up.

"Don't be too over the top and go too crazy please." I whispered just as Danny came in to the room.

"OH MY GOD!" Trixie screamed in my ear. "You never told me he was this hot!"

"Well there goes the not being crazy plan." I muttered to myself. "Danny, this is Trixie. She's my best friend." I said waving my arm towards Trixie. Danny frowned his face when he face when he saw Trixie. I couldn't help but feel worried. "Danny are you okay?" I moved closer to him.

"Ermm, yeah. It's just that I recognised her from somewhere." He whispered the last part.

"Oh." I looked at him slightly confused. "Where do you think you saw her?"

"She was on the telly, just at the end of summer. It was about some murder. I think it was in dorset." Trixie chocked on her drink, that she finally got. She knocked over the rest of her drink onto the floor.

"That's like the 5th drink that's been spilt today." I sighed.

"Well there's no need to cry over spilt milk." Both me and Trixie laughed as I went to clean up the Trixie's drink, which happened to be milk. "But really, was you the girl I saw on the tv?"