"Kennie!" Daniel groaned as he tried to tug me away by my ankles, but I wrapped both my arms tightly around the pole and refused to budge.

"No! I'm sick of all those girly stores! If I go in another one I'm going to die of boredom! Or my brain will turn into mush and fall out of my ears! Please Dan, don't make me goooooo!" I cried, and clung tighter as he gave another strong tug. For another minute he tried without success to make me let go, until he finally gave up and growled out a 'fine!' as he dropped my legs.

With a grin I leant casually against the pole I’d been clinging to and smirked cheekily at Daniel, thinking I'd won, but he stepped closer to me until I was backed against a wall and our chests were touching. Slowly he leant down and rested his hands on my hips as his lips briefly brushed against mine. I arched my back to get closer to him, aching for another kiss, but his lips were against my ear, his breath hot, sending a shiver down my body.

“Baby girl, unless you want me to go all possessive Alpha on your sexy little ass, I suggest you just let me splash out on you, just for today. Then tomorrow .. I’m all yours.” I shivered at his voice that just husky enough, and tried not to moan as he nibbled on my ear then kissed his way along my neck and jaw. His lips hesitated at the corner of my mouth. I could feel his heartbeat speeding up under my splayed fingers on his chest. I turned my head and our lips barely brushed again when I heard someone call my name.

Kennie?” I closed my eyes for a second and felt myself go pale. Please don’t let that be who I think it is. Please don’t let it be him...

Daniel shortly growled but stepped backwards as I looked to the side to see Matty standing there holding some girls hand, both of them gawking at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and pushed Daniel back a bit further but I still grabbed his hand for comfort. He squeezed my hand gently and stepped up beside me.

This is Kennie?” The girl said incredulously, and for a moment I was sure she’d heard horrid things about me from Matty, but then she suddenly grinned and rushed forwards and hugged me tight. Awkwardly I wrapped my arms around her and returned her hug quickly before she pulled back. Her bright blue eyes twinkled as she grinned at me happily and I smiled back despite the jealousy surging in my stomach.

“I’ve heard so much about you! Matty's right, you're totally gorgeous!” she cried excitedly. I blinked in shock. Matty had talked to her about me? I felt my hopes rising but after a momnet I mentally squashed them and swallowed my heart down from my throat. Of course he told her about me, I’m one of his best mates, that’s all. Naive little me getting my hopes up.

Matty took his Mate’s hand to pull her back next to him and she looked up at him lovingly. I had to fight the urge to cry. She was beautiful. Her hair was long, white blonde and perfectly straight, just as I always wish my hair would look; her eyes the bright aqua blue I always envy; her face heart-shaped and soft; her smile genuine; her body slim but curved, and that perfect height. Standing next to Matty they looked like fallen angels – she was the beautiful light angel, and he was the dark sexy one.

I turned my gaze to Matty and wished I hadn’t. Gods, he looked so handsome and strong in a plain white t-shirt, dark-wash jeans, his old converse and his beaten up leather jacket. I gulped as my eyes hungrily ate him up before resting on his eyes.

One of the good things about being friends with someone as long as Matthew and I is that I can tell what he was thinking even without words. The way he looked at me, the subtle changes as expressions crossed his face - pity, sadness, worry, anger, loss, love, disgust, longing. I could see it all and I hated it. I quickly looked away from him to his mate who was still staring up at him expectantly.