Sixteen

Evan

I watched Luke's keek from my hotel room upstairs in tears.

Although it kind of threw me off when he said he wasn't dating anybody. I mean he was technically right. We're not dating but for some reason when he said it it felt like a hole in my chest.

Twitter, on the other hand, was a fucking disaster. The fandom had split in two: the fans that supported Luke and the fans that were freaking out because he was gay and they would "never get a chance with him," whatever that meant.

I bit my lip and looked at what was trending on Twitter. Luke's video was posted ten minutes ago and already it was top trending.

I felt a pang in my gut as I thought about the countless interviews Luke would have to go through, talking about his "choice" to be gay and stupid shit like that.

I could tell this was already going to be a huge fiasco, just like when Larry came out but at least everybody shipped them with each other so everybody was okay with it.

I suddenly heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Prince Charming, here and queer," Luke said in a tired voice.

I let out a strained laugh and let him in, immediately giving him a hug and a soft kiss.

"I'm so proud of you," I murmured as he leaned against my chest.

He grabbed on to the front of my shirt with two hands like a little child, desperately clinging on. "They're going to hate me," he whispered.

"No they're not," I defended. "If they're your real fans, they'll understand, and accept and love you for who you are."

"Evan?"

"Mm?"

"Can we lay down?"

"Of course babe," I said, leading him over to the bed and he got on top and snuggled up to the pillows.

"Join me," he murmured sleepily.

So I got in the bed and wrapped my arms around his warm waist and buried my head into his neck.

"I love you and I'm proud of you," I sighed.

"Really?"

"Really." I kissed the back of his head and he turned around to face me, his eyes barely open.

He stuck his bottom lip out and I kissed it, making him squeeze his eyes shut.

"You're so cute," I giggled quietly.

"No I'm punk rock," he mumbled.

I laughed and he squeezed my middle, gently laying his head on my chest, soft blonde quiff still intact.

I kissed the top of his head, and his forehead, and his nose.

"I wish I could kiss every inch of you," I sighed.

He smiled sleepily. "I don't mind that."

So I kissed his eyelids, his scruffy jawline, his neck until I heard him snoring softly in my arms.

My heart throbbed. "I love you so much," I murmured quietly, closing my eyes and drifting off.

******

Luke

"Luke Hemmings from the hit band, 5 Seconds of Summer came out gay in an Internet video yesterday. I guess they're now singing, he looks so perfect!"