Chapter 28

~Vanessa~

I woke up the next morning to see myself wrapped in Veloces' arms, evident that he wasn't going to let me go anytime soon. I relaxed against his chest, enjoying the comfort of my mate. After a while his eyes fluttered open, revealing those beautiful blue eyes that I love. I smiled and kissed him, saying a good morning.

He grinned, his eyes sparkling as he watched me. He then kissed me on the lips and got up, stretching out his muscles. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my robe, wrapping it around my body.

"I'm going to make some breakfast, what do you want?" I asked, opening the door.

He pursed his lips before shrugging, "Pancakes."

"Perfect."

I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed the ingredients, making sure I had everything I needed. As I was mixing everything together I instantly smelled her scent. I bit back a growl as she opened a cabinet, searching through it for something. I chose to ignore her, knowing she's only trouble. I could feel her staring at me every now and then before she continues her search for food. I put the first pancake on the pan, making sure it was the perfect size.

Again, I could feel her watching me and it was annoying me. I still refused to acknowledge her, not wanting to see those blue eyes of hers'. She then stood beside me, looking at the pancake mix.

"Are you making pancakes?" she suddenly asked, her voice calm and not holding that usual snotty tone.

I glanced at her before focusing on the food, "Yes."

"Could I maybe have two?" she asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her. "I guess..."

"Thank you." she said with a small smile before sitting at the table.

An awkward silence settled over us, but I was actually thankful for it. Why is she being nice all of a sudden? My wolf growled, still feeling uncomfortable around her. I plopped the first pancake onto a plate and placed it on the counter when Veloces walked in. He completely ignored the she-wolf sitting at the table, he kissed my temple and then glanced at the lonely pancake.

"Is that one mine?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yes, do you want more?"

"No, one is enough. Thank you." he replied, grabbing the plate.

I quickly made two more pancakes and told the girl to grab them. She quickly snatched the plate and thanked me then grabbed a fork. I finished up my two pancakes and turned off the stove, my stomach grumbling as the scent hit my nose. I quickly grabbed the syrup and fork before sitting beside Veloces. However, he had other plans, he grabbed my waist and made me sit on his lap.

He then gently pushed my plate in front of me, I only shrugged and poured syrup on it. The girl didn't even look at us, she just texted on her phone and quietly ate her pancakes. Veloces did give her a confused yet supiscious glance.

"Is she always like this in the morning?" I mind-linked him.

"No, her and her twin-

"Twin?"

"Yes, twin brother, are barely ever nice to anyone. I can't kick them out though, because they haven't broken any of the rules and usually follow my orders." he explained.

I only nodded and took another bite of my pancake, so the girl has a twin brother. I internally groaned, great. Hopefully I don't meet him anytime soon. After she left Veloces explained to me how her and her brother aren't huge fans of me. Which is why he's so confused as to why she was nice to me this morning. He was weary of them and warned me to stay away from them.