Chapter 25

~Vanessa~

"So, are we going to go on a run?" I asked, trying my hardest to hide my excitement.

Hillery just cleared me to run, shift, train, and so on. My ribs were fully healed and I was wired for sound; Veloces gave me an amused look. He then smirked and kept on walking.

"No." he stated.

I gaped at him, "Are you serious? Veloces, I'm-

"Better hurry up!" he yelled before shifting and taking off.

"You're so dead!" I mind-linked him as I shifted and ran.

We raced each other through the forest, snapping at each others' tails. I let out a howl of excitement, beyond happy that I'm finally allowed to get all this energy out and to stretch my muscles. I admired Veloces' wolf, he was hot as hell. Which is weird when a human hears it, but to us werewolves, it's completely normal. We have to be attracted to both sides, don't we?

I quickly shoved him into a tree, causing him to lose his balance as he fell. I barked joyfully, I then pushed myself forward. I darted through the bushes, thorns, and whatever else you find in a forest. I then stopped when I reached a cliff that hung over the water. I shifted back and peered over the egde of it before sitting down.

"It's nice here, isn't it?"

I turned to see Veloces walking over before turning my attention back to the scene in fron of me. I simply nodded, admiring the beauty. Veloces sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist, he then pulled me close and kissed me.

"I usually come here if I want to relax or I'm upset." he admitted, his voice low.

I looked at him, a thought crossing my mind. "Did you come here after I-

"Left?" he asked, cutting me off. "Yeah, sat here for a straight four hours."

I did't reply, I just stared down at the water. I felt calm sitting here, but also guilty. My thoughts ran wild with questions as to why I never gave him a chance. Veloces gently grabbed my jaw and turned my head so I was looking at him.

"Hey, stop feeling so guilty. I should be the guilty one, I abused you." he said.

I frowned, "Yes, but I never exaclty gave you a chance. I was a bitch to you the whole entire time, I believed those stupid rumors and...and I acted as if you were the worst thing to ever happen to me."

"Vanessa, you have to let that guilt go, you came back. You came back and warned me about Jeremy, didn't you? You stayed with me and you're still with me. This guilt needs to stop, there is nothing for you to feel guilty about."

"I left-

"I know, you left. We've established that, you left. You left and came back, so get over it." he sighed. "Stop beating yourself up over this."

"It's not my fault." I mumbled, pulling away from him.

I stood up and brushed myself off,"Come on, my parents are coming over for dinner soon." I said before shifting and waiting for him.

He kept staring at the ground, but then shook his head and sighed. He shifted, walking up beside me. We then took off, running back towards the packhouse. When we reached the packhouse I quickly showered and got dressed. I tried pushing the guilt away, but it still hung over me like a damn cloud. No matter what anyone told me, I'm still feeling guilty.

"You should try telling him how you truly feel." my wolf whispered.

"I did." I replied.

"No, you only told him about 5% of that. Tell him your true feelings."