Chapter 5

~Vanessa~

The next morning came way too fast, crashing into me like a damn train. Veloces was nowhere to be seen, but he did leave a note on the nightstand. I was hesitant to read it though, but I shrugged my fear away and snatched it up.

"Vanessa,

I'm in my office doing paperwork, your breakfast should be finished by now and hopefully warm. After you are done your breakfast come to my office.

-

Veloces"

Well, at least he was nice in the note. I threw the note away and quickly got dressed before sprinting down the stairs. Took me two minutes to find the kitchen, but the scent of pancakes helped me track it down. A woman was placing a plate on the table when she noticed me, she smiled softly.

"Luna, your breakfast is ready." she said before starting to clean up the counter tops.

"Thank you." I said and took my seat.

The breakfast was beyond amazing, I was full by the time I was done. I put my dish in the sink and cleaned it, telling the woman she has enough to do. A little help won't kill her. She thanked me, telling me I'm way better than his last mate. I wanted to ask her about his mate, but I had a feeling it's a question for Veloces only.

She gave me the directions to his office and I followed them, quietly walking down the dark hallway. It would have been creepy to a human or some other werewolf, but I oddly didn't mind it. I did like my room and the halls a little darker than usual. Perhaps it's because werewolves were only night creatures at first. We still kind of are, night time is the only time we go for pack runs. Does he even do that with his pack?

I finally found his office door and knocked, waiting for his answer. "Come in." his deep voice sounded.

I walked in to be hit by the scent of perfume, my eyes landing on a beautiful she-wolf sitting in the chair in front of his desk. She had blue eyes and red hair, her skin was pale and she was stunning. I closed the door, forcing down the jealousy that rose within me. It's only my wolf who's jealous, not me. I sat down in the other chair, not acknowledging the she-wolf.

"Vanessa, this is my Beta's sister, Holly." Veloces introduced us. "Her mate is my brother."

I relaxed when he said she had a mate, no more jealousy from my damn wolf. I smiled at her, "Nice to meet you."

She grinned, "Great to meet you! Oh, we need to go to the mall and-

"She's not going anywhere." Veloces quickly interjected. "You will buy her, her clothes. She will be staying with me, that is a Luna's duty."

Holly nodded, "My apologies, Alpha."

I narrowed my eyes, "You do not need to apologize to him, there was nothing wrong with what you said. He, on the other hand, should apologize. Why were you so damn rude?" I snapped.

Anger took place in his eyes, his glare making me fear him once again. However, I stood straight, challenging him. He growled, "Holly, you may leave. Just check her clothes in my room for her sizes."

Holly gave me a worried glance before scurrying from the room, closing the door behind her. I stood my ground, glaring at him as well. He slowly stood up and stalked towards me, making me take a few steps back. We did this until I was against the wall, his blue eyes burning into my green ones.

"Listen here, pup, you-

"Alpha." I growled.

"What?"

"Alpha, I'm an Alpha. Even if you don't consider me one, I'm an Alpha."

"Vanessa." he hissed, sending chills down my spine. "You will never talk back to me like that again. A true Alpha female listens to her mate and doesn't interrupt him or tell another pack member to disobey him. I shouldn't have to apologize to her, she already knew that you weren't allowed at the mall. She made a mistake and apologized, but your stubborn ass just had to piss me off."

I smirked, "I warned you, didn't I? That I'm stubborn?"

He growled and roughly grabbed my jaw, squeezing it until a sharp pain raced through it. A crack echoing as he broke it. I wanted to scream, but I stood tall. I didn't allow the pain to show on my face, my glare stayed.

"Listen, bitch, I'm the boss here. Not you. You're just a pathetic she-wolf who's mommy and daddy are Alphas." he laughed bitterly. "You consider yourself an Alpha? An Alpha doesn't act kindly towards his or her pack members. She or he punishes them when they deserve it. You will learn your place, whore."

The last word stung, I'm not a whore. I'm still a fucking virgin, clearly someone needs to learn the true meaning of that word. I growled and slapped him, shoving him away from me. I quickly side stepped him when he tried grabbing me, only earning a loud growl from him. He turned around, his eyes black as I lunged at him. He easily grabbed me by the throat and threw me across his desk. My back slammed into the edge of it, making me whimper slightly. I fell to the ground, my back burning with pain. I looked up, anger boiling inside of me.

He stormed over to me, but before he could grab me again I moved. My back hurt like hell and so did my jaw, but I no longer cared. I grabbed his wrist and broke it, smirking when he winced and gasped in pain. He then clawed my face, his claws digging into my flesh painfully. I gasped, clutching my right cheek. I pulled my hand away to see blood covering it, I could feel the liquid dripping. I just stared at him, stunned into silence.

He just glared at me, not caring that he just clawed my fucking face. He then grabbed my arm and threw me onto a chair. "Stay there." he snarled.

I obeyed him this time, knowing I needed to let my wolf rest so I could heal. I didn't look at him though, I just glared at the wall. He sat back down at his desk and sighed, the sound of his pen moving was the only sound in the room. After about an hour I felt my cheek again and it was still bleeding. Damn, how deep did he claw me?

I could feel his eyes on me and it only pissed me off. I snapped my gaze over to him, "Stop looking at me." I barked.

He frowned, "Are-

"Don't even ask me if I'm okay. Abusive bastard." I spat before looking away from him.

He didn't say anything after that, he only focused on his paperwork. After another few hours he finally said it was lunch time. He tried checking the claw marks but I shoved him away from me and stormed out of the office. Telling him I will be the room for the rest of the day, that I didn't even want to see his face.

He didn't argue, he simply just quietly walked into the kitchen. If his past mate accepted this abuse, well then he's going to go through hell, because I will fight back. Every. Single. Time.

Author's note: Alright, this is Velcoes. :) I just need a picture of the Beta next. The last one can be his brother.