Smiles And Hugs Make It All Okay

Start from the beginning

I saw a shadow come towards the car and knew that it was Master Splinter, how he got here so quickly I have no idea. I was too tired to ask, he came to my side and silently opened the door. I looked over at him as he spoke, "Hello my son."

"Hello Sensei." I looked up and met his red-brown eyes, they held relief and happiness in them. He then held his hand out to me, I grasped it as he helped me out of the car. Suddenly I was engulfed in a strong hug as he held me close. Surprised I returned the affection slowly, "I am so proud of you Donatello. You have been the one to hold this family up and have always helped us back on our feet. I am glad you are safe along with the rest of the family." He pushed me away, and looked me in the eyes with pride.

I smiled in return, "Thank you, Father." 

"Now let's get our family in doors and to bed." I opened the back doors and gently jumped in with Splinter behind me. I went over to Nari while Splinter went over to Raph. 

I knelt down and patted her cheek, her eyes fluttering open, "Don? Are we here?" Her voice quiet and soft. 

I nodded, "Yeah, we're here. Here I'm going to lift Leo, so you can get up okay? On three. 1...2...3." I lifted Leo by his shoulders as Nari held his head steady and stood up, we put him back down gently. Raph and Mona were both awake, Master Splinter went over to wake up Mikey. Raph jumped down and helped the girls get down. Mona with Nari's help went to the house, I turned to Raph, "Think you could help me with Leo?"

"Sure thing." Raph climbed back in and went over to our eldest brother. Raph lifted Leo up and held him under one arm as I took Leo's other and draped it over my shoulders. I heard a small whimper and looked behind my shoulder to see Mikey cradling Cinni, whispering to her until she had calmed down. Splinter went out of the door and held the doors still as me and Raph got down with Leo in between us. Mikey stepped down and carried Cinni as Splinter closed the doors.

We all went in the two story home, the girls had the rooms down stairs and the guys had the upstairs. Me and Raph took Leo to a room while Mikey handed Cinni to the other girls. When Leo was in bed, I checked his wounds one more time before leaving the room and going back outside.

I opened the passenger door and found Venus laying on her side, her head resting on her hands as she slept. I smiled at her peaceful face, as carefully as I could I reached in and lifted her up in my arms. She blinked sleepily one eye at a time, it was really cute. I bumped the door closed and adjusted to hold her more comfortably.

"Donnie." She yawned and crossed her arms behind my head snuggling closer to me, her mask braid tickling my arm.

"Hey that tickles." Chuckling I saw her smile, eyes closed. I carried her to the house and walked around until I found an empty room. I walked in and leaned over the bed to flick the sheets back. I set her down on the bed and pulled the sheets up and over her, she blinked up at me slowly and smiled. I smiled back and went to walk out, "Good night Venus." I turned back around when I felt her grab my arm.

She looked up at me adoring, her brown eyes glowed with joy, "Good night kiss?" I felt my face heat up as she pulled me down making me sit on the bed. She cupped my face and brought me closer, if the light was one I know my face would be redder then Raphs mask! I felt her warm lips touch mine, soft and gentle. Closing my eyes I pressed back in response, sliding my hands behind her I brought her closer, deepening the already sweet kiss.

She sighed and pulled away keeping her forehead against mine, "I told you I love you right?!"

 I chuckled and gave her one more kiss before standing back up, she lay on her pillow looking up at me, "I know you love me," I said grinning as I went to her door, "But I will always love you more."