Chapter 26

Hey Everyone! Quick blurb, towards the end of the story everyone talks about what they want the group Halloween costume theme to be. This is where I need all your help! I want everyone to vote for what group costume they'd like to see (or read) everyone in! Of course, most votes wins.

Also, I'm dedicating this chapter to BatGinger for being an awesome person. ILY BB!!!

Enjoy the story!

Lily's POV

I woke up to an alarm going off automatically opened my eyes. Though, I wasn't in my bed or even a bed. I was lying down on a couch with a blanket draped over me and recognized the room as Vic's basement. That's right, my life was dramatically changed last night and I ran away to Vic's house. I saw Vic sit up and hit the off button on the alarm clock that told me it was seven o'clock.

"Morning Lily." He said as he stretched. I swung my feet over the side of the couch and did the same.

"Good Morning Vic." I said. It's only Wednesday and I really don't want to go through the rest of the week. Vic stood up and I did too.

"Are you going to school or are you just gonna go home?" He asked, pushing his hair out of his face. I didn't think about that, but I don't want to mess with my mom anymore than I already have, so I should probably go.

"I'm gonna go to school, I just need to grab my backpack from my house." I said. He nodded. There was a deep pain in my chest and I couldn't tell if my back was out or if my emotions were overtaking my physical state again.

"Do you want some cereal?" He asked and of course I nodded. After the rollercoaster that is my emotions yesterday I'm actually kinda hungry. He motioned for me to follow him up the stairs and I did, trying to make my hair look non-slept in on the way up. There was a smell in the air and not the usual spice smell. We walked into the kitchen together to see Mike sitting at the table eating pancakes.

"Mom made pancakes for breakfast but she has to go into work early for some emergency so she's getting ready now." Mike said. There were two plates set on the table for Vic and I and it made me feel so welcome. Vic and I sat at the table and started eating. The pancakes were amazing, so what I need right now. We all went into a conversation about Halloween in about ten days and I still have no idea what I'm going to go as. I know I said a ninja turtle but I feel like that costume would be very revealing.

"We should probably get ready for school." Mike said looking at the clock. It was seven thirty five. I'm usually getting dressed and ready around fifteen minutes earlier but today is one of those days that it'll barely take me five minutes. We all agreed and washed our plates off in the sink.

"I'll get ready in the basement bathroom." I said to really no one in particular, though Mike was already up the stairs when I turned around.

"Okay, I'll be down when I'm ready." He said and went up the stairs. Now alone, I went back down the stairs and into the basement that already held a lot of memories. Grabbing my bag on the way I walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

Now, I like looking nice and all, but today is a day where I don't think I can physically manage to. I knew this last night when I was throwing stuff in here and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a navy sweatshirt. After putting that on I put my hair in a bun, not really caring about anything but my family at the moment. My dad would come back. He has to. I threw everything back into my bag and walked out into the basement.

Did I just take under five minutes to get ready? My mom would be proud, if she didn't have so much going on right now and if I was home. She has to have noticed by now, yet I have no messages or calls from her. She probably figured I went to one of my friend's houses after all this. If she were concerned she would've called me, so I'm probably fine. For the mean time I layed on the couch and watch some TV, knowing that they'd take longer.