Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since I updated but school has been a little crazy lately :/ I was thinking about adding titles to the chapter lines but I wanted to know what you guys would think.

Okay, on a serious note though, this chapter could be slightly triggering so if you feel that it could be to you, please do not read at all and let me know so I can summarize the chapter for you.

Hope you guys like this chapter

Lily's POV

That morning when I walked to school the earth was quiet. Not even the birds were singing. The eeriness of the day crept up my back and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. All night and all morning I couldn't stop thinking about what my mom said. It was bothering me a lot because I really can't see Vic and me together. I see him more with a girl like Skylar. They seem to click and I'd be happy if they were to get together. As I tried to clear my thoughts the silence crept up on me and it was peaceful.

So that's why when a hand was on my shoulder I jumped and felt a scream rise into my throat, though I managed to keep it down. I turned around, ready to punch if I have to, though I just saw Vic standing there with his hands up.

"Sorry I scared you." He said with a laugh. I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes, stepping to the side of him. 

"It. It's fine." I said, trying to calm down. I pulled on the sleeves of my dark burgundy sweater. He didn't say anything else, but I was comfortable in the silence. Nothing about this silence felt in any way 'awkward' and it was enjoyable. It was nice walking with Vic. We walked into the parking lot when Vic finally spoke.

"I think it's going to be a good day." He said smiling. I nodded, smiling too. 

"It will be." I said, hoping the words falling from my tongue were true. The wind was soft, the air felt clean, and the earth felt happy. It would be a good day. The only negative thing was my lack of energy. I hadn't eaten much of dinner last night and slept through breakfast, so I was already feeling tired. I feel that as teenagers having to deal with everything we deal with is enough stress, so on top of it, we shouldn't have to wake up early. We basically have to choose between getting enough sleep and eating. Both having equally negative effects.

While we walked into the school we passed Savannah and her group who burst out laughing when we walked past. I balled my fist, wanting to go back and punch her, but of course, I couldn't.

"Don't let her faze you." Vic said. 

"I won't." I said though it was a complete lie. She does faze me, and it makes me angry. I don't want her to be able to break through and bother me, yet, she always does. They always do. And I don't know how to stop it. 

"I'll see you later Lily." He said as we got to his locker. 

"See ya." I said and continued walking towards my locker. Skylar was there, just opening her locker. So I kept walking forward and unlocked my locker.

"Hey." She said when she finally noticed me. She looked almost as tired as me, but she looks tired four out of the five days we're here. 

"Hey." I said back, trying to balance my bag and my books. When I was done fumbling around I closed my locker and Sky was standing next to me. 

"So we're all going into town after school, you wanna come?" She asked with a smile. I wasn't planning on doing anything so. 

"Yea, I'll come." I said.

After homeroom, I met with Skylar and we walked to our history class. I haven't actually gone into the little downtown area just past Skylar's street, but I've driven through it. I was excited to go. Lately, all I want to do is hang out with my friends and keep my mind off of things. When I walked into History my heart jumped. He was there. It was the first time since that day he's been in class. So I kept my eyes off him and that general area as I walked to my seat, which was still sadly next to Savannah's seat. I kept my head high as I walked, only to see a leg fly out at the last second.