Chapter 21

Hey guys! Important announcement, I may not be sticking to the scheduale that I have for posting until maybe the 19th or 20th because starting Monday the studying for finals begins. I will probably post the next chapter in a couple days but I can't make any promises on the updates after that. I'm real sorry bout that, but I need to study.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Lily's POV

I'll be completely honest, I'm nervous for Daniel to meet everyone. I had told them all that Daniel would be here, but who knows if they're happy about it. I thought we could all hang out at my house, but Vic had insisted that everyone go over to his. Most likely because his basement could entertain everyone for hours on end. So I just told Daniel to come to my house and then we'd walk over. Part of me was kind of thinking that this was a mistake, asking Daniel to come.

Daniel had flat out told me that he was nervous. He said he was afraid my friends wouldn't like him because he had never met them before. I know I should be comforting him and telling him that he'll be fine and everything, but honestly I was just as nervous as him.

The front doorbell rang, making me perk up from my seat in my living room. It was three ten, we were suppose to be at Vic's about ten minutes ago. Its obvious he's just procrastinating. I got up and opened the door, Daniel's bright smile facing me.

"Hey Lils!" he said and walked in, my attention once again focused on the way he had a new nickname for me every time we spoke.

"Hey Dan." I said, Dan being the first nickname to pop into my mind. I closed the door after he walked in and was prepared to open them again so we could head to Vic's. I'm surprised I haven't gotten texts from Tony or Sky yet asking where I was. But Daniel kept walking all the way into my kitchen.

"Lily can I have a cupcake?" He called from the kitchen. There's always some sort of baked good sitting in my kitchen thanks to my mom.

"Help yourself." I said as I walked in, seeing him already unwrapping one of the pumpkin spice cupcakes my mom had made.

"Jeez I love when your mom bakes." He said with his mouth full of cake and icing. Of course these baked goods always managed to make their way to my friends. It was almost funny how quick he finished the cupcake, but hey, my mom is amazing with baking.

He looked at me and started to giggle.

"I'm sorry, that was kinda rude, what's up homeslice?" He asked. Homeslice?  He was defiantly scaring me. I laughed a little at him and the goofy expression on his face.

"Nothin much. You ready to go?" I asked. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. There it is. My money is on Tony.

"Hey, didn't you say you got a new cd? We should listen to it." he said with a smile and turned. I see what he's doing. So I gently grabbed his arm.

"Daniel I see what you're doing." I said and saw the smile fade from his face. He turned towards me and I dropped my arm from his.

"I'm sorry, I just have this feeling they won't like me." he said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Daniel, look at me." I said. If I'm going to do this I've got to do it right. His gaze moved from the ground to me. "I felt the same way when I met them. I thought they would think I was weird and annoying but it turns out, they're all as weird and annoying as me. Just don't stress it and you'll do fine. Remember you don't have to come if you're not comfortable." I said. The last thing I want to do is make him feel like I'm forcing him to come. His gaze stayed the same, but the expression changed.

"I want to come, and hey, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out." He said and shrugged. I smiled; proud that he was overcoming this anxiety. Or at least trying. There was something about him that made me happy to have him as a friend.

"Okay, lets go." I said and we both walked outside. As we walked I could feel him slip his hand into mine. It took my by surprise and I noticed his palm was sweaty. He was definitely nervous. I mean, I see why with meeting new people and all, but its not like this is Savannah and that group. It just Sky and the guys. The door swung open before we even got on the porch, Daniel dropping my hand in the process. Jaime stood there with an awkwardly frilly apron around him and a smile on his face. I could already hear the music pumping from downstairs.

"Hey guys! Everyone is downstairs but I'm making some food right now." He said and rushed back into the kitchen. I guess we interrupted Jaime's cooking because jeez did he look busy in there. The air smelt nice, I didn't know he was the cooking type. Daniel gave me an odd look and I just giggled a little. We walked in and I closed the door behind us.

"Himes we're gonna go downstairs!" I yelled before going down the stairs that lead to the basement.

"Don't be surprised if I need you!" he said. I'm not much of a cooker, more of a baker. Daniel trailed behind me as we walked down. The music got louder with each step lower.

"If that's the first thing I see I'm afraid of what's next." Daniel whispered to me as we entered the basement. I giggled, which caused everyone to turn to us.

"About time you showed up. Figures, you live next door and you're the last one here." Vic said and everyone laughed. They were all just sitting on the couch. Probably waiting for Daniel and me.

"Oh shut up. I'm just fashionably late." I said and waved them off. I turned and looked towards Daniel, trying to signal to him to come with me because I don't want to say it. We both walked over to the guys and I sat on the couch squished between Sky and the armrest. She proceeded to crush me in a hug because I know that we both feel like we haven't seen each other in forever. Now to do the hardest part.

"Guys, this is my friend Daniel and Daniel this is Sky, Vic, Tony, and Mike. You met Jaime in the kitchen." I said. They were all smiling and warmheartedly greeted Daniel. Vic even reached out to shake his hand.

"Okay, Daniel, please feel welcome and Mike. Break out the uno." Vic said with a devious look on his face. Oh God, this game. It's never a good idea.

Mike jumped up and grabbed a stack of uno cards from behind him. I kept glancing at Daniel who was smiling, I just hope it was genuine. They were all trash talking each other, saying who was going to win. I was just easily entertained watching it. Though it was when Mike dealing the cards that the smoke detector went off. Everyone jumped a little and Vic was the first to go into action.

"God damn Jaime... I'm going to go help him. Don't you fucking start without me." He said and ran out. On that note we all just hoped Jaime was burning whatever he was making.

Okay you're probably like Joolz, why the hell are the chapters so short?? But the next few chapters will be a little shorter than usual because otherwise they'd be way too long.

Remember to comment, vote, and share your opinions down below!!

Jx XO