Chapter 17

Hey Guys! I've been reading a lot more stories lately and oh my gosh some of the stories on here are consuming my life. But that also means I've been spending a lot more time on here, both reading and writing. If you're working on a story and want me to check it out just put something down in the comments but be warned, i am a very active reader. The comment box is my best friend. But before I ramble even more, Enjoy! 

(Also Lily's poem is PVRIS' demon limbs!)

Vic's POV

Idiot! Idiot! I am a fucking. Idiot. I was going to do it too! I've planned it out in my head over and over again today, yet I forget everything. The way I came off probably freaked her out. I'm overprotective of her, but it's only because I feel... I don't know how I feel. All I'm sure about is that I was planning on kissing her... telling her I like her... anything emotional. I was going to talk to her about the marks on her shoulders then probably ramble about how I want to keep her safe and then kiss her, only if she wanted to that is. But no. I'm too afraid.

I walked into my house and slammed the door as hard as I could since nobody was home. I know what I need to do. My emotions are all over the place, so I just need to figure them out. But I know that I am slowly starting to like that girl. Or maybe love? No, not love. I barely know what it's like to love something other than my family or guitar. I'll figure this out though. There's one thing I know for sure, that I like Lily.

Lily's POV

I stood in my entryway long after Vic left, listening to the hum of music in the background. Something was missing. That moment was supposed to be something and I could feel it. I can feel it. Now part of me just feels empty. I don't know what should've happened, but something should've. I slowly drifted away from the door and back towards my living room to try and focus on my schoolwork.

//////////

The sun was setting in the lazy California sky, leaving an orange-purple hue to cover the earth. The moon hung low in the sky and the whole view from my balcony made moving out here worth it. I felt so happy, yet I felt as if something was missing. So I sat on my balcony and wrote all my feelings out on a page. I feel like it's the only thing I'm good at, yet I know I'm good at a lot of things. I'm good with grades considering I barely pay attention, I can play instruments, and I have this knack for photography, and well. I write. And Italian. I brushed my fingers over the words and thought of how bitterly true they were.

I'm afraid of shutting down tonight.

I've got this feeling deep inside.

Now matter how hard I try

I don't think I will make it through the night.

I can't sleep, I can barely eat, and I feel like my mind is going to shut down. I don't know what's wrong with me. Things could be worse, I'm actually okay with how they are now, but I feel like I'm breaking down, slowly deteriorating from the inside out. I picked my pen up again and put it to the paper.

I feel like I'm breaking down, slowly deteriorating from the inside out.

"Lily?" Someone called out. I jumped and dropped my pen, watching it fall down and bounce off the balcony to the grass underneath. I sighed and looked up. Vic was leaning on the fence separating our yards. I should have expected him to show up at some point tonight. He kind of reminds me of the Chesire Cat.

"Vic?" I said. He smiled at me.

"Could I come over?" He asked. My parents were both home and they probably wouldn't want Vic to be in my room. But oh well.