Prolouge

Prolouge

just a warning: there may (may) be self harm through the story. I promise i will try not to unless it is absolutely neccessary to the story line. If you cannot handle this please do not read or contact me and I will tell you what happened without graphicness .

I'm always here to talk if you ever need it

Lily's POV

Three months ago.

I took a look around my room. I had just finished decorating my new room in my new house of my new town. I used to live in San Francisco but my family decided it would be best if we moved. You see, I was bullied. Badly. By everyone. I wouldn't say that everyone was a bully, but if they weren't one they ignored me. Maybe they thought that if they were caught dead with me the people that actually bully me would go after them too. I don't blame them, who wants to risk being tortured? 

It was kind of a bummer. No friends. No one to talk to. It was very... well, lonely. Just about every day this group of girls would always try something to push me further off the edge. It was almost unbearable. Mom and Dad had decided to move us out here after I tried to... well. Die. It thankfully ended in failure. Now I realize that I didn't think it through. I thought the world was closing in on me and the only thing left to do was... let it. But I now know that all you have to do push back a little harder.

My name is Lily. I'm 16 and I'm really nothing special.

I had just moved in to this big house and nothing has ever felt more terrifying. I liked my room though. It's a nice dark teal and has a balcony. A nice place to escape to. The people who used to live here never tore down their tree house and I can easily get to it from my balcony. I have my own bathroom, which is amazing. It's just my parents, and me but it's nice to have the privacy anyway.

I couldn't help but think about school. Surely there'd be no privacy. I'm the mysterious new kid and if it's anything like my old school everyone will want to know everything about me. The new girl. The thought made me collapse on to my bed and thought. Maybe I can have a whole new beginning here and make some friends. The thought sent butterflies to my stomach. The last time I had a true friend it was in fifth grade. Then I changed from private to public school. There were people I talked to, but I never got close with anyone. Then high school came and down went my whole life.

A knock came to my door. "Come in." I said. My door opened and my mom stepped in. I love my mom. She's kinda like my best friend. She came over and sat on my bed. 

"I just talked to the neighbors." She said. I nodded. I guess it makes sense since we just finished settling in yesterday. 

"They have two boys. One's seventeen and the other is fifteen. You should go over and make some friends." She said with a warm smile. My heart sank. So soon? And with boys? I've barely ever talked to a girl I don't think I have enough guts to talk to two boys so soon.

She noticed my hesitation. "You don't have to now. But sometime soon you should. And I think they're going to Clairemont High too. So you'll probably see them anyway." She said. I nodded. 

"Yea. Might be a good excuse to make a friend." I said. I was lying, I wouldn't want to make friends with them. But I told her this just to make her happy. She nodded. 

"That's the spirit. Now I gotta go make dinner. Call you when it's ready." She said and kissed the top of my head before she left me alone in my room. As she closed the door I laid on my back again and started to think about school positively.

I realize... I have a second chance.