Chapter 12 ~ emergency

Kanna fell down, feeling wet warmth on the back of her head and ringing in her ears. They began tugging at her coat. "CAIUS!!!" She shouted desperately into the night as they all laughed at her. Suddenly there was the sound of a body impacting another body. One of the men groaned then they were silent. Another screamed but was silenced again. The leader looked round anxiously and Kanna tried to look around but lights blocked her vision.
"Get away from her" she vaguely remembered Caius' voice. After the leader was also silenced Expensive Italian leather shoes came into Kanna's view though they were slightly fuzzy.
"Caius?" She questioned.
"Ssh" he said shortly. "I've got you" he lifted her up and she whimpered as her head rushed. His voice was not sweet or endearing but it brought comfort to her. She clung to his lapels, not wanting to be left behind again. He bit his tongue to resist the sweet smell of Kanna's blood that called to him. The car opened automatically upon his arrival and he opened the passenger door and slipped her in carefully. He slipped his blazer over her when she shivered and sped over to the driver's seat. He sped off at a dangerous speed as he called Aro on the built in sat-nav and contacter.
"Brother, a little late for a chat don't you think?" Teased Aro.
"Call Carlisle now" he said bluntly, taking a sharp turn making Kanna moan in discomfort.
"Any particular reason? Or did you just fancy a chat?"
"Kanna's hurt, badly" he snapped, getting straight to the point.
"I'll contact him now, he's visiting close by on a business trip so he shouldn't take long" Aro replied seriously and hung up. Caius glanced at Kanna who' eyelids were drooping.
"Kanna! Kanna stay awake" he demanded loudly making her start. He turned the radio on loudly and put on the AC, trying to keep her awake.
"I thought you didn't want the radio on" she muttered quietly and he smiled nervously. He took another sharp turn and Kanna moaned quietly and Caius rolled down the window, there was a lot of blood coming out of her head. He breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm himself as he gripped the sterling wheel.
"Caius" she murmured and he glanced at her to see her eyelids drooping. "Caius I'm tired" she whispered, feeling odd from the loss of blood.
"I know, just try and stay awake, tell me about your coven" he suggested but she stayed silent. He turned the radio up even more and she jumped awake.
When they finally arrived at the castle Kanna was just holding on but Carlisle was waiting for her. Caius was over to her in a flash and picked her up out of the car. She yelped as he touched her head in picking her up. At lighting speed he was up the stairs and towards the throne room where Carlisle was.
"She was attacked" he said bluntly, the smell of her blood almost seductive to him.
"Caius" Carlisle said calmly upon seeing Caius look at her like she was a meal. "I'll take her, take care of yourself" Carlisle took her from Caius's arms gently though Caius did not give his fiancé over willingly. He looked worriedly at Aro as Aro looked at him. His brother truly was a state, wild black eyes with his hands and shirt covered in his mate's blood. Aro nodded comfortingly and Caius nodded back before leaving to feed. If Kanna truly was Caius's mate then they could not risk her dying and Caius becoming like Marcus. Marcus also watched as Caius exited the room, feeling the deep concern that Caius had for Kanna. Although His feelings for Kanna ran deep Marcus could tell he was just pushing them away in fear. The look of regret, regretting not protecting her was one Marcus had not seen before. For now they would have to wait for Carlisle to work his magic....