Chapter 4 ~ Shopping

Kanna fell out of bed the next morning to the sound of knocking on her door and scrambled up. She opened the door ajar before seeing it was Jane and relaxed. In her arms was a pile of clothes which were obviously meant for Kanna.
"I brought some spare dresses. We can go out to buy your own clothes soon but for now you can borrow one of mine" Jane said.
"Thank you" Kanna smiled as she let Jane in.
The dresses were...different then to what she was used to. Yes, definitely different. Most were black or grey and were short rather than her long, fur lined blue ones. The one that fit her best was a knee length plain black one was she did not feel comfortable in it. Jane also gave her a necklace with the volturi Crest on it but Kanna clutched her coven's necklace.
"I'm sorry Kanna but you're not a part of that coven any more, you're part of the volturi now" Jane pointed out.
"But I have not married yet" Kanna defended but Jane shook her head. She slowly took the choker that held her old coven crest off and put the volturi necklace on. It was cold and foreign against her skin compared to the soft, blue velvet choker. She went over and carefully put it on the desk but felt she was parting with her last connection to home. Luckily Kanna an Jane also shared the same shoe size so Kanna did not have to wear her fur lined snow boots but black pumps. She had no time to put her hair slides in so left the room feeling as though she had left a part of herself behind.
"How did you sleep?" Asked Jane as they walked along the corridor.
"Fine thank you" Kanna lied. She had not slept fine. She kept waking up every hour expecting to see Caius sitting at the desk chair and once or twice she did. She felt like she was going mad. And it had been hot in her room, SO hot she felt herself drenched in sweat several times but she guessed her body was not used to the heated rooms.
They arrived at a large dining hall where there was a long table though it had only been set up for one person.
'Of course, vampires don't eat' she was having to recall all her father had taught her about vampires when she was younger.
"The masters would like to see you after breakfast" Jane reported as Kanna was seated.
"Jane?" Kanna asked as Jane turned to leave. "May I ask you a few questions?" She asked and Jane nodded. "Why am I here? I mean why did Caius pick me?" She asked, hoping to clear the fog of confusion around her.
"I am afraid that is something you will have to ask master Caius" she replied.
"Will I always have to stay here? Or will I be aloud to visit my home?"
"I'm afraid I am not the person to be asking" Jane sighed. "I will collect you in 20 minutes, okay?" She asked friendly and Kanna nodded. "Things will get better" Jane reassured before leaving. Soon a platter of warm waffles and syrup arrived and at first Kanna coughed at the sickly sweetness, having never tasted something so sugary. She soon abandoned the waffles and ate a crisp red apple instead. The 20 minutes seemed to crawl by as Kanna looked at the fine silver cutlery and porcelain plates she was served on. At home she would fish in the rivers and cook whatever she caught over the fire with Kai.
Kai. She began to wonder how he was doing, or what he was doing. Did he miss her as much as she missed him?
Kanna almost leapt out of seat when She heard Jane's voice.
"skít!" She exclaimed making Jane smirk. "I didn't hear you come in!" She said breathlessly.
"The masters are ready to see you now" she brushed over the topic of her sudden arrival. Kanna followed Jane to the throne room where Aro, Caius and Marcus sat wearing different clothes than yesterday. Instead of cloaks they wore black suits, Caius with a soft looking red scarf around his neck.
"Ah Kanna" Aro smiled that creepy smile. "I presume you are well rested?" He asked and Kanna nodded stiffly. "Jane will accompany you to buy your own clothes today. Is that quite alright with you?" He asked politely though she knew he was not really giving her the choice.
"This town is beautiful" she blurted out suddenly, unsure of what to say. She could sense everyone smirking at her, particularly Caius. She braved a look at him but her stomach flipped at the sight of his red eyes.
"Gratefully noted" Aro nodded once whilst smiling.
"Caius" she said bravely before turning to leave with Jane. "Please stop coming into my room, it's rather creepy" she said and he sneered angrily at her but before he could do or say anything she left with Jane.
"That was brave" Jane observed. "So, master Caius has been paying you visits?" She asked as she walked along the corridor with Kanna.
"I think so"
"Think so?" She questioned. It was a cloudy cold day in volterra, appropriate weather for Jane to leave.
"I don't know, he seemed to disappear whenever I tried to look at him" she sighed and Jane bit her lip to stop herself laughing.
"Maybe you were just tired. You had been awake for the whole plane journey" she reminded as they walked down some steps.
"Maybe...where are we going?" She asked.
"Down to the garage, you didn't think we'd walk to he shops did you?" Jane smirked as they stepped foot in the garage. Kanna's jaw dropped at the amazing array of cars in front of her. "Pick your favourite" Jane offered.
"What are they?" She gawked, looking at the sleek metal.
"They're cars, this is how we're going to get into town" Jane said, feeling as though she was talking to a five year old.
"I am sorry" Kanna apologised, noting the small annoyance in jane's voice.
"No it's fine, I just forget you've lived kind of in rural desolation" Kanna blinked, not understanding some of the words used.
"How about this one?" Jane pointed to a Ferrari and Kanna nodded, not really knowing what difference it would make anyway.

"Why are they all so inappropriate?" Asked Kanna as they walked through an Italian clothes store.
"What do you mean?" Jane laughed.
"They're all so short" she pointed out, looking at a bodycon dress.
"What about this?" Jane pointed to a red skater dress but Kanna shook her head and Jane sighed. Kanna smoothed her hand over a white, knee length lace dress
"Blues and whites" Jane murmured to herself as she hunted through the store, grabbing dresses, skirts, jeans and tops in different colours and sizes.
"Here" she pushed the clothes into Kanna's hands who was still admiring the fine detail on the lace dress.
"Then we'll get you fitted for a bra" Jane sighed and Kanna nodded obediently.

"This skirt hardly passes for a belt" Kanna pulled down the short denim skirt as she came out of the changing room. The pastel blue long sleeved top was not the problem, it was the thigh hugging skirt that made her uncomfortable.
"Try the other one" Kanna went back into the changing room and folded the skirt up neatly before passing it to Jane. Jane shook her head at the assistant before passing it to her. They had been here for an hour and Kanna had only agreed on two tops and a dress, she seemed to favour the long maxi dresses even though it was winter. Jane smiled when she wandered out in some jeans.
"Hey! They look great" she said enthustically.
"They are comfortable" Kanna nodded.
"That's good enough!" Jane sighed in relief. "I never thought clothes shopping with a girl would be so....torturous" she giggled as Kanna changed again.
"I am sorry, I'm not use to having so many clothes. She admitted
"Next you need shoes, then toiletries and beaut supplies, then hair cut" Kanna froze as she emerged from the changing room in her original clothes.
"Hair cut?" She mumbled, clutching her hip long Grey hair and Jane sighed tiredly.....

Picture of the type of clothes that Kanna buys. Hope you guys enjoyed!