Chapter 3 ~ attempting to settle in

Upon arrival to Italy kanna was shown her own personal room. It was large and luxurious With a black and cream colour scheme. A large bed in the corner of the room along with a bathroom, a walk in closer, a desk and a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She had never known such a warm and cosy looking place. As she looked around the room she noticed to small switches by the side of the door. She pressed one experimentally and the lights flickered on. She had never seen anything more wonderful. She flipped them on and off until one of the bulbs fused out and she quickly switched them off.
She was in volterra now and light was shining through her large window. She looked out and down at the beautiful town which she guessed was now her home. As she pressed her palm to the window to get a closer look there was a knock at the door making her jump.
"Hello?" She asked. A young woman with blonde hair and the same red eyes entered.
"You're Kanna?" She asked, looking Kanna up and down. Kanna only nodded. "My name is Jane, I live in volterra along with the volturi"she explained but Kanna gave no reaction. "Would you like anything to eat?" Jane asked.
"No thank you" Kanna shook her head
"Is everything in your room to your liking?" She asked.
"Yes, thank you" she returned her sight back to the window.
"I am sorry you were taken from your home" the formalities in Jane's voice were gone. Kanna looked back at her. "But you will be taken good care of here. You might as well make the most of it" Jane pointed out. Kanna said nothing but heard the heels of Jane click as she walked away and down a corridor. She decided there was no use in moping about the room and cautiously left the room. Her thick clothes began to make her sweat as she walked along the warm corridors of volterra. She slipped off the heavy fur lined over dress and belt to be left in a dark blue long sleeved dress made of thick cotton. She continued on her way, clothes in hand, and tried to remember the twists and turns she was making.
A small voice in we head was telling her this was a bad idea, that at any moment somebody could overpower her and kill her. But Jane seemed to know who she was so she hoped that others did.
She turned another corner to see two large doors at the end of the corridor. She looked around but there was nobody present. She slowly walked towards the door and put her hands on the handles but did not open them. She couldn't just barge into a room like this. She didn't know where it led. She took her when away and was about to walk away when the doors opened anyway and she stood there like a deer in headlights. In front of her was a large room where at the end of the room where three thrones which were each occupied by Aro, Caius and Marcus.
"Ah Kanna, we hoped you might be a little adventurous" Aro said, his red eyes boring into her blue ones.
"I was just leaving" she tried but he gestured for her to step into the room. She did so, feeling completely under his power. She stood timidly in the doorway but had to step in further when they were shut by two men, one very tall, the other medium height.
"Please, come" Aro smiled but Kanna felt like she wanted to run. Demitri took her clothes from her and held them as she slowly walked forwards, all the time feeling everybody's eyes on hers. Once she was at the steps Aro spoke once more.
"I presume that your room is to your liking?" Aro asked politely.
"Yes, thank you"
"You will have to keep in mind that you and i will soon be sharing a room il mio piccolo cucciolo" although Caius spoke the last words in Italian she did not like the possessive tone to it.
"Unlikely" Kanna whispered to herself as she turned away but with his vampiric senses caius of course heard.
"What?!" He demanded angrily but Aro rose a hand.
"Calm brother. I am sure that Kanna is just having a hard time settling down. Once she is comfortable I am sure she will be more aware of her manners" aro's eyes bore into Kanna's as she turned again. She wanted to shout at them all, tell them she wanted to go home back to Kai but she valued her life. She could only give a half hearted nod then head down the stairs.
Jane followed her as she left just in time to heard Caius remark about her clothing. "Make sure she gets a new wardrobe by tomorrow, I don't want to see her wondering around in those hideous clothes" he sneered. She clenched her fist but her face remained calm as Jane walked her back to her room.
"You could borrow some of my night clothes if you need" Jane offered.
"Thank you" Kanna nodded and stepped into the room.
"I'll come by in five minutes and give them to you" Kanna shut the door and looked out the window only to find the town dark and deserted. How long had she been wondering? And what did Caius have against her?! She was beginning to think he only chose her so that he could make her and the people around her miserable. And what had he called her? 'il mio piccolo cucciolo' what on earth did that mean? Maybe Jane knew.
As she waited for Jane she stepped into the bathroom and looked at the shower in confusion. She had never seen such a devise. She reached up and took the shower head off and studied it. What on earth was it for? She looked at the small box on the wall and pressed the largest button. She quickly dropped the shower head when water spurted out but soon the water spurted at her and she quickly switched it off. She took a towel and wiped her face dry before working out how to use the taps. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Of course, she had forgotten about Jane.
"Are you okay?" Jane asked upon seeing her water sprayed clothes.
"Uhm yes I was just working out how to use your water device in the bathroom."
"You mean the shower?" Asked Jane amused.
"Shower?" Kanna repeated slowly.
"I'll show you" she lead Kanna to the bathroom and showed her how to adjust the temperature, how to run a bath and flush the toilet.
"I can't believe you've never had a shower" Jane laughed as she passed over the clothes.
"No, we don't have anything like that where I come from, we just wash near a small river." Kanna explained.
"Well I'll come and get you tomorrow morning for breakfast, okay?" Kanna nodded.
"Thank you for being so kind, and for the clothes and showing me how your showering works" Jane but her lip, trying not to giggle at her wrong words.
"Don't mention it" she said then left Kanna alone.
"One more thing!" Kanna remembered quickly as Jane was about to leave. "Do you know what 'il mio piccolo cucciolo' means?" She did not like the look of humour in Jane's eyes.
"Where did you hear that?" She asked though she had a good idea already.
"I- I just want to know what it means" she said embarrassedly.
"It means 'my little cub' " she smirked before walking out and leaving behind a red faced Kanna.

Kanna went to bed a half hour later then she had hoped as everything was in Italian so she wasn't sure what was tooth paste and what was shower gel. It didn't help she had been given a minty smelling shower gel. She left the bathroom but as she turned the lights out she swore she saw Caius sitting on the chair for the desk, smirking at her. She flipped on the lights, breathing heavily but there was no one there. It was already creepy enough he was calling her 'his little cub' but now this?! She looked around cautiously before deciding to leave a set of lights on just in case. She slipped her hair clasps out of her hair and took down the updo. She set the clasps on her bedside table and slipped into the bed, still looking at the chair where she had seen Caius but soon sleep over took her.