Chapter 6 ~ moving in

"Would you like me to escort you back to your room?" Asked Jane as they pulled into the garage.
"Uh no thank you" Kanna replied politely. "I would like to wonder around a little more before if that's quite alright" she hoped and Jane nodded.
"That's fine. The bags will be taken up later" she said shortly and got out the car and Kanna followed. They parted their separate ways once they were in the halls, Kanna going left and Jane going right. Kanna walked slowly along the corridor, admiring the beautiful architect and art of the walls. The electric lights on the walls were disguised as candle but still brought a comfortable glow to the hall. Just as she began to feel comfortable along the halls she felt a cold gust of wind and suddenly she was pushed up against the cold wall. She was going to scream when an arm slammed close to her face and she cringed. Her eyes opened to see an angry looking Caius.
"You have a lot of nerve....for a human. A MORTAL" the words left him slowly and menacingly. "Already having night time fantasies of me?" He smirked, his face close to hers. "I suggest showing a little more respect to your superiors in future. Especially as you'll be marrying one soon." He whispered.
"And If I don't?" She couldn't help but keep the anger out of her voice.
"Then your father will not be honouring the terms of payment and the price for THAT is death" he continued.
"Please don't" she whispered. Her father had been left week after a Major battle injury. She was beginning to regret being so cold to him in their last moments.
"Then I suggest" his lips were close to her ear now, grazing the cartilage. "You behave" His face pulled away and he studied her features slowly, finding them more and more beautiful. "Your skin is soft" he mumbled as he brushed his hand against her cheek. For a moment she saw a sort of weakness in his eyes until he ripped away from her and stormed away.
"Please, someone save me from this" she sighed as she looked down the corridor Caius had vanished down. Her eyes widened as she saw the spot in the wall where his arm had been which was now crumbled and bashed in. That could have been her head. As she walked along the corridor cautiously she decided it was best to try and keep on Caius's good side from now on, that is if he even had one.

When she did finally find her way back to her room the sun was setting and darkness was setting over Volterra, Italy. Not too long after she entered there was a knock at the door. She panicked as she crept over to it, hoping it wasn't Caius again. Then again, what were the chances of him knocking?
She opened it slowly and saw a young looking man with red eyes and messy, mousey brown hair. In his arms were the bags.
"My name's demitri" he introduced himself. "You must be mistress Kanna"
"No" Kanna said quickly surprising him. "Just Kanna" she said quietly.
"Kanna then" he agreed and smiled at her.
"Come in" she stepped aside but he shook his head.
"I just popped in to say I was just going to put these in yours and masters Caius's room" he smiled brightly. "Just Incase you were wondering where they went"
"What?!" She asked frantically.
"Incase you were wondering-"
"No no the other bit. About me and Caius SHARING a room" she gawked.
"Yes, you surely didn't think that you'd be staying alone did you? We just had to put you here whilst a bed was fitted in the room" demitri explained, making Kanna feel sick.
"What if I said I didn't want to share a room with him?" She asked.
"It would enrage master Caius"
"Give me a few minutes okay?" She asked and demitri nodded. Kanna shut the door softly and re-entered the room. Slowly she got together her few possessions and went back out to address Demitri.
"Lead the way" she attempted a smile but failed.
"It's not so bad Kanna" he comforted as we walked slowly. "You'll be treated well here, no harm with come to you"
"Yes and I will be stuck with Caius" she said bitterly. Demitri had no words of comfort. They finally stopped outside a large wooden door and Demitri pushed it open, allowing her to step in first.
Holy cow.
The place was MASSIVE. In the middle against the wall was a giant bed that was too big to be king sized. The walls were black and white, along with furniture and bed clothes. On the bed were a few cushions and faux fur blankets, giving it a luxurious look. The windows were covered with large dark red drapes, giving the room a glow. Demitri flicked on the lights and a giant crystal chandelier was revealed along with a few wall light.
"It's beautiful" she murmured as she looked around, still taking everything in.
"I'll just leave you to settle down. Oh one more thing!" He pulled a small black, flat object out of his pocket, about the size of her index finger. "Just press this buzzer if you require anyone" he pointed to the silver button as he handed it to her.
"Thank you Demitri" she smiled and he winked playfully at her before leaving. She took her shoes off and walked along the beautiful, cold floor to the soft faux fur rug. She wriggled her toes on the soft rug and set her old clothes on the bed. So this was her new life? She guessed it wasn't so bad...her mind went back to what Jane had said about making the most of her situation. So maybe she needed to stop moping? She got up and opened the closest door to the ridiculously huge bathroom. The tub was gigantic along with a large shower, toilet, sink, mirror and variety of lush smelling soaps and bath foams.
The next door lead to a walk in closet to which Kanna gaped. On one side hung dark coloured suits and shirts so she guessed they were Caius's clothes. The other side was empty so she went to work putting her clothes away and reminding herself what Jane had badgered her into buying. Once she had put away all of the clothes she went over and looked through the variety of suits Caius had. They were all black though some of them were tailored differently to others and felt softer. His shirts were mainly blacks, dark reds and greys along with his ties. Why did he have such a dull taste in colour? As she left she smiled at the room. One side was covered in pastel coloured dresses and shirts whilst the other had drab black suits. She closed the door and decided to explore a little more around the room. The desk held letter she could not read but she did not try anyway as she felt she was invading his life. Then again he had done the same to her. He had a pot of ink on the desk and a calligraphy pen to which she decided she would try out another day. She shuffled back to the bed tiredly and climbed on top of it, wrapping herself in the fur blankets and drifting off to sleep...