Dreams Only Last For a Night: Chapter 6 Part One

Chapter 6:

Blaine’s P.O.V.

After reaching home, I went straight to the kitchen to get something to eat. I decided on just eating a snack since Aiden probably plans on going to Indigo after the movie. Indigo is the most expensive place around here. Of course there was no problem for my friends and I. We are all very well off and don’t really hang out with people out of our group. Our parents wouldn’t approve anyway.

I grabbed a bottled water from the fridge and an apple on the counter and walked to my bedroom. I plopped down on my bed and turned my flat screen t.v. on. I aimlessly looked through the channels while nibbling on my apple and taking swigs of my bottled water now and then. Different images flashed on the screen with voices attached.

“But mom, I’m already fif-“

“Ever feel abus-“

“The results came back. It’s pos-“

“Today in Congress President Ob-“

“TOUCHDOWN!”

“GOAL!”

I gave up on watching t.v. and pulled my cellphone out of my pocket. I had 3 missed calls from Aiden, 5 texts from Camilla, and even a text from Mom. I guess I forgot to turn my phone off of silent when I got home from school. I read the texts from Camilla first.

Hey babe, r u still comin 2 da movies 2nite? –C

I cringed. I hate when people type like that. We aren’t in elementary school Camilla.

Babe, plz txt me bac. –C

Movies at 7. C u there! -C   

Plz babe. Where r u? R u ignorin me? Aiden is getting poed –C

I decided to just ignore her and read the texts from Mom.

Hey, I had a very important business event to attend and it’s going to be running late so I’m just going to be staying with a friend. You need to stay home and watch Casey. Don’t go anywhere tonight and keep an eye on her.-Mom

Wow mom, really? That is barely even a warning. I had plans and she expects me to watch Casey? She is old enough to be left alone without somebody watching her. Maybe I could convince her to stay home by herself and just tell mom that I watched her…

I hadn’t even noticed that Casey was here because she is always so silent. She glides silently through the house like an angel, an angel that has been hurt so much that it has turned to the dark side.  I left my room and walked towards her’s. I opened her bedroom door and there she was laying on her bed. She was just blankly staring at the wall with all of the focus in the world. She really worried me sometimes, but this time was different. She was never this calm and it looked like she didn’t even notice my presence.

“Case?”

No response.

“Earth to Casey!”

Nothing.

“CASEY FROST!”

She blinked and turned her head to me. Her eyes had that same glint of sadness to them the day that dad left. Nothing can take that memory away from her, ever.

“So, Mom won’t be here tonight, and she asked me to babysit you, but I have other plans. Is it okay that you stay home alone tonight? I’m just going to be gone for a few hours. I’m goint o the movies and maybe dinner after. “

“Sure Blainey.”

She only used that name to tease me, but this tease just didn’t come with emotion. It was like she just attempted it, but miserably failed.