Dreams Only Last For a Night: Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Ex's in Love 

Blaine's P.O.V.

Stella stayed quiet for the rest of the period. The only time she ever spoke to me was when she would have a question about the lesson. She looked wrapped up in her own thoughts which worried me. Her face would look happy and cheerful, but mostly worried and scared. It hurt me to see her like that even though I didn't know her.

When the bell finally rang she quickly got up and left the classroom before I could say anything to her. I gathered all of my things and went to my locker. Fortunately none of my stuff fell out this time. I walked to gym slowly since it was only down the breezeway. All of my thoughts went back to Stella and her expressions in 6th period.

Why didn't she talk to me?

 She was pretty open when she told me about herboyfriend, why did she suddenly shut down?

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't been paying attention to my walking until I ran intoher.

Life just hates me.

~~~~~

Stella's P.O.V.

The office hadn't given me a locker yet so I had to carry everything with me to all my classes. I looked at my school map and walked towards the gym.

Would Blaine be there?

I quickly shoved my thoughts out of my head and continued walking. I took a shortcut through the breezeway hoping I wouldn't get lost. I saw Blaine and I immediately perked up and started to walk towards him. I hoped he wasn't made at me for giving him the cold shoulder during math, but being so close to him clouded all words and thoughts.He looked wrapped up in thoughts so I decided to leave him alone and I walked slower.

He didn't notice the girl walking opposite towards him until he ran smack into her.

I stopped walking and waited to see what he would do. He looked at her and his eyes widened in shock and she smiled. She grabbed hold of him and hugged him tightly, like a lover. The hug and clearly surprised him because he hesitated before wrapping his arms around her. They stayed in that position for what seemed like ages before pulling back. It brought me back to reality and I looked at the time. I only had a minute to get to gym so I rushed passed them in an effort to not be late. While walking pass them I noticed that she whispered something in his ear. He nodded and she grabbed his hand before heading back to the hallway.

I really wish I knew what was going on between them. By the way they looked at each other they where ex's, but still in love ex's.

I hurried to gym and got in the door just as the bell rang.

~~~~~

Blaine's P.O.V.

I looked up to see Camilla in front of me. I guess she saw my shocked expression and smiled.

How I missed her smile.

Seeing her stopped all of my thoughts and threw them out the door. I forgot everything. Stella's face was replaced with Camilla's, her smile was replaced by Camilla's, even Stella's nervousness was replaced by Camilla's confidence. Camilla pulled me to her and hugged me like no other.

This hug was different from all of the others she used to give me. 

This hug was filled with love, hate, and loneliness that I had brought onto her shoulders.

I hugged her back never wanting to let go of my first love.  She pulled away and whispered in my ear.

"Follow me," she said.